Barrel pre-fits for Savage

RebelGuard

Lots of barrel makers seem to do pre-fits for Savage. Krieger, Criterion, Mcgowen, Proof, Preferred, etc. Any favorites? Any particular ones to stay away from? Experience working with them? I'm partial to Bartlein but am trying a pre-fit for a particular build. So please share your knowledge only for makers that do Savage pre-fits. Thanks.

My experiences with criterion were very positive. Had an x-caliber 22-250 pencil barrel that would shoot cloverleaf's with ease. Had one (maybe two?) McGowan's, they were ok. I don't think I put a lot of rounds through them for a fair test though. Have a carbon six which is basically a carbon fiber wrapped McGowan right now in 22 creed, it was my brother in laws. Looking forward to testing it out

Lots of barrel makers seem to do pre-fits for Savage. Krieger, Criterion, Mcgowen, Proof, Preferred, etc. Any favorites? Any particular ones to stay away from? Experience working with them? I'm partial to Bartlein but am trying a pre-fit for a particular build. So please share your knowledge only for makers that do Savage pre-fits. Thanks.
I have 26" X-caliber 1:7" on my .264 WM and 22" McGowen 1:7" on my .257 WBY and am very pleased with them.

Been helping a friend with a 6 creed carbon 6 savage prefit. It's decent but the criterion ( 22 creed ) is clearly better but it's a heavy stainless barrel. Easy 1/4 moa with 3 different bullets now

I have never heard of X-Caliber. Glad to hear there's plenty of competition in the barrel world. Sounds like lots of good experiences with criterion

Crown Ridge Barrel Works. he uses x-caliber blanks and has savage pre fit in 7PRC in stock or he will order any blank x-caliber makes.
Anthony has a great reputation as a gun smith much better than some of the reports i have heard about the smiths at x-caliber.

I have a Shilen prefit on savage model 10 in .243 Winchester. Shoots 105 Berger VLDs into the .2s and.3s most days.

Crown Ridge Barrel Works. he uses x-caliber blanks and has savage pre fit in 7PRC in stock or he will order any blank x-caliber makes.
Anthony has a great reputation as a gun smith much better than some of the reports i have heard about the smiths at x-caliber.
I was also warned about it, but my X-Caliber barrel shoots with minimum load development.