Barrel pre-fits for Savage

I was also warned about it, but my X-Caliber barrel shoots with minimum load development.
the barrels will shoot good with a quality smith doing the work. some of the smiths at x-caliber have been known to be let's say a work in progress

Lots of barrel makers seem to do pre-fits for Savage. Krieger, Criterion, Mcgowen, Proof, Preferred, etc. Any favorites? Any particular ones to stay away from? Experience working with them? I'm partial to Bartlein but am trying a pre-fit for a particular build. So please share your knowledge only for makers that do Savage pre-fits. Thanks.
Those that you mentioned are all of stellar quality. I would select the one that fits your specs and price point.

the barrels will shoot good with a quality smith doing the work. some of the smiths at x-caliber have been known to be let's say a work in progress
Agreed! But as with anything else, they have to start somewhere. This reminds me of my machine shop training in the early 1980s. The machinist continuously checks the quality of my work and never lets it go "if" it is not done correctly.