Barrel Damage?

It looks like tooling marks but not something that could have been caused by the manufacturer. The marks clearly go through the lands and grooves and metal is pulled up on the lands. It's really hard to see but it doesn't look like pitting from this angle.
Right. From this angle I can see the marks into the lands and grooves. This is a better view than right over it with the mirror. At least for me

Shouldn't be anything from factory..
But it's surely ugly....especially in the blurry pic...shows whatever caused it was going into the barrel in a spiraling motion....small enough to goes between rifling..but big enough and hard enough to 'seriously gouge' the barrel.....
Unless that was a seriously oversized 'steel head' on a cleaning rod.....you sure 'somebody' wasn't trying to beat something out of the barrel...sure has funny marks on one side.....
Might need to JB bore paste it a few thousand times...get any 'edges' down and see if it will shoot....

Looks like 26Reload could be correct.
If a bullet lodged in there, as it was pounded out the rod has slipped and hit the bore several times.
This is why I have numerous solid brass round bar in various sizes from 17 cal through 50 cal. It will not marr the barrel even if it whacks it.
Was this a new purchase by your buddy?

Cheers.

Looks like 26Reload could be correct.
If a bullet lodged in there, as it was pounded out the rod has slipped and hit the bore several times.
This is why I have numerous solid brass round bar in various sizes from 17 cal through 50 cal. It will not marr the barrel even if it whacks it.
Was this a new purchase by your buddy?

Cheers.
Not sure

As mentioned above, Looks to me like somebody spun something hard (steel?) in there. possibly like bore cleaning damage to me, but not accusing anybody... just what it looks like.

Doesn't look like a factory caused issue. Appears as if someone put a cleaning rod in a drill. Not pretty!
Looking at a friends barrel with the Teslong bore scope this is what we found in the stainless steel barrel.

Does anyone know what caused this? They kind of look like pressure rings with material erosion? Just a guess on my part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank.
View attachment 294961View attachment 294962
These all seem like likely scenarios that could have caused this.
Thanks again everyone for all your input. Any other thoughts are also welcome!