Barrel Damage?

I seen something Similar when a gentlemen put his cleaning brush on a drill spinning it while cleaning. 😨
The distance from the bore is about the same as the spud on a Bushnell bore sight attachment I Don't use mine any more for fear of doing what I see on this bore if you put the wrong cal spud in you could do this this may or may not be the issue but if this rifle is bore sighted this way it very well could be the culprit

Looking at a friends barrel with the Teslong bore scope this is what we found in the stainless steel barrel.

Does anyone know what caused this? They kind of look like pressure rings with material erosion? Just a guess on my part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank.
View attachment 294961View attachment 294962
Not sure what caused it but he might want to locate some of the "polishing" bullets if they are available for this caliber.. they might be able to lap enough of these burrs out to help it shoot more consistently.

I have no idea of how long this gun has been owned but i would send the pics to the manufacturer and se what they say. If it is a remington, you are out of luck. I am sure a reputable manufacturer would correct this anomaly. I am no machinist but it looks like tooling marks of some sort. Also having more than one is most troublesome.

Only two things to do in this case. 1 Hand lap the bore. I'm talking about melting lead and using an using an abasive grease. (It will take forever using a paste) OR 2 scrap the barrel.

Any bullet passing through the bore after these grooves were made would have knocked down the burrs which are standing up. Which leads me to believe that this was done during or actually after cleaning. Those are tooling marks from something someone shoved down the tube. Firing would have only smoothed out some of that.

I've never seen anything like it.
If you run a dry cotton patch down the BBL does any get hung up on the circular burr?
Or after shooting, how much copper gets stacked up on it? This would indicate how deep or how rough it is.
If it's collecting cotton or copper, I'd say you need a new bbl.
If not, and it shoots well....keep choot'n
my .02 cents

Looking at a friends barrel with the Teslong bore scope this is what we found in the stainless steel barrel.

Does anyone know what caused this? They kind of look like pressure rings with material erosion? Just a guess on my part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank.
View attachment 294961View attachment 294962
Always a flier according to him. We discovered this after a cleaning.
what does that mean always a flier? Are you saying the gun doesn't shoot well? it's like the owner of the ranch where I shoot saying my rifle "shoots". No **** it shoots. But to him this means it's consistently accurate.

Well kinda looks like it was cleaned with a stainless steel tornado brush. Big no no. Don't even know why they made those things. What kind of barrel is it.