I'm particularly interested in Elk and Moose sized animals either African or American game. I tested them out in a new build a few days ago and got really good accuracy, consistency and velocity was nearly 2900 FPS from a 20" barrel. Since I don't have time to get out and hunt as much as I wold like I want to get feedback from people with some real world experience before I sell start telling customers to try them.

1010 yards.jpeg

800 yards.jpeg

706 yards.jpeg

Chrono.jpeg

7PRC titanium Rifle.jpeg

Federal 7prc ammo box .jpeg

Last edited:
I was a big fan when they were available as component bullets, but I never tested their low velocity threshold. I will say they worked exactly as advertised from powder burn to mid range.

I believe @Swamplord (Prometheus) used them quite a bit and said they were one of the best hunting bullets he's ever used. And he definitely knows bullets. I would use them with full confidence.

They're in the lineage of Trophy Bonded bear claw and trophy bonded tip bullets. Extremely similar, better BC. Expect devastating performance. Typical low velocity threshold is likely between 2000-2200fps, but a phone call to federal can tell you that part.

Up close the trophy bonded tip are incredible. I've killed 7 deer with a 30-06 shooting 165gr trophy bonds under 90 yards, some as close as 15, and everything has fully expanded with massive damage and a complete pass through

With a friend yesterday trying various ammo offerings in a new 7PRC. Out of three brands (I don't remember the first two), this ammo shot the best. Probably just at a half inch at 100. I see Federal offers them as components on their website but they're a bit pricey. Might have to try them!

That is indeed the worst part. Federal has been terrible about that for years. The toy bond, edge tlr, and terminal ascent have all been nigh impossible to find. I don't know why they do that to themselves

I would love to use those, but Federal appears to have abandoned the reloaders.
I have yet to see much in the way of primers either.