Why aren’t Terminal Ascent Bullets more popular?

jacob_strass

Curious to why you don't hear about these bullets much. Seems like a good compromise between lead core and solid copper with good BC and terminal performance. Plus, Federal has some heavier for caliber options coming out soon. I personally have not used them but I am looking at trying them at some point in the future when they become available. What am I missing about them?

They are also newer to the market and really just another version of their previous line with a new coating and another pressure groove. Lots of bullets out there to compete with.

Not saying they aren't good, just new and not a lot of first hand experience or availability.

Seems to me that they put more effort into marketing than they put in product development. Add in the exorbitant cost and there's a great reason they're not more popular: $5 a shot in 300wm is a bit much. What's that old saying from the world of automotive customization?... "If it doesn't make horsepower, chrome it." Seems that that mantra is still alive and well in the world of hunting ammunition.

I played with it in 300wm in my Desert Tech M2, made some unbelievable groups. Still, it was $100 a box. I don't need my projectiles to be nickel plated. It doesn't impress an animal to be shot by a nickel plated bullet. I only need them to be effective and consistent.

Because I can't find them for sale haha (in Canada - all vendors have been sold out for a long time - I do want to try them)

I feel the now old federal trophy bonded tip has had more time to prove
Itself and work out the kinks. Got a box of 180 tbts on my shelf to use in my .300 win as a "one and done" for anything in North America load.

Because I can't find them for sale haha (in Canada - all vendors have been sold out for a long time - I do want to try them)

I feel the now old federal trophy bonded tip has had more time to prove
Itself and work out the kinks. Got a box of 180 tbts on my shelf to use in my .300 win as a "one and done" for anything in North America load.
👍. I've got a few boxes of the 7mm 160 grain TBT, might try them out of my 7 SAUM on my next elk hunt.