Anyone interested in a Sept 2006 Caribou hunt?

bigbearhunter

I'm wanting to put together a 2006 Caribou hunt in Quebec. I would like for a bunch of guys from the forums to get together for this so we can all meet and have some fun.
If anyone is interested let me know.
TODD

bigbearhter,
I'm leaving in 7 days 14 hours for Lake Minto w/Tuttulik Outfitters on the west side of Nunivik.
Where are you planning to go and when with who?

Going up with Silak adventures. a buddy of mine owns it. He is up abouve the leaf river. hunted with him in 01. he has access to 32 camps. Good luck on your hunt let me know how you do.
TODD

Does your buddy have planes to fly to where the migration is?
and what kind of number are we talking about?

Todd,

Interested to hear what the numbers are.
I assume that you can take to "boo-boos" during the hunt?

I asked about getting to the migration as I have heard way to many horror stories about guys sitting in a camp waiting for somthing to happen that never does...

Ric, I know all the stories also, I can personally vouch for Marc. He is a good man and will take care of us. He is in camp now for the next about month so will have to get with him when he gets back.
TODD

Return from Lake Minto with pics

bigbearhunter,
I got back last Saturday night and we all did well with Tuttulik Outfitters at Lake Minto area. Located @100 miles N/E of Umijaq east of the Hudson Bay about tree line. Attached a photo (hope it works my first picture post) 337 yrds 257 Wthrby 115 gr BTip. Bull measured unofficially after deductions thru the velvet 436.5 (I'm gettin mounted in velvet so book documentation is not allowed, but I and afew others know). I did get hot 82 deg. tinypics

sign me up!!! i have been wanting to go but no one in south texas wants to hunt any thing if a feeder is not in the picture.

Re: Return from Lake Minto with pics

buffalobob,
We caught 7-10lb lake trout all you wanted when we did go fishing, we hit them real good on Northern King 4-d Black and silver. The Daredevil in black and white silver back did very well also. Don't be afraid to get a lure too big these fish are hungry. The fishing closes Sept 7th up there if you are planning to bring back the 3 fish limit.
I enjoy fishing as much as the hunting almost, they wwanted $125 per person to fly us to the 5# brookies, we needed 3 people and I could not get any other folks to go. We had a plane available to us that took care of flying the butcher, fuels, supplies between camps and the front shoulders to the village as you are limited to 130# to fly out with. (4 hinds, 4backstraps, 2 racks, 1 cape, some fish and 10 ptarmigan.

Slobber slobber slobber. Drool drool drool.

And bird hunting too.

I am in the terminal phases of death by envy.

Everything but sex!!

buffalobob,

I The stewardess failed to mention our stewardess who came along on our sight seeing tour while waiting for the plane to take us to camp!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.