Is anyone interested in a Long Range Texas Hog Hunt?

AtownBcat

So i don't think this is against the rules...but im sure they will let me know if it is. I am on a lease right out side of Abilene Tx. The guys are looking for ways to help offset the rising costs of everything that goes along with it. I'm into LR the other two guys are not but were interested in my idea. We have a couple wheat/cotton fields that could offer up to 1100 yard shots. So i thought why not give some of the guys into LR hunting the chance to take a hog at these distances. If anyone is interested please sent a pm and we can talk about it more.

Ryan

So i don't think this is against the rules...but im sure they will let me know if it is. I am on a lease right out side of Abilene Tx. The guys are looking for ways to help offset the rising costs of everything that goes along with it. I'm into LR the other two guys are not but were interested in my idea. We have a couple wheat/cotton fields that could offer up to 1100 yard shots. So i thought why not give some of the guys into LR hunting the chance to take a hog at these distances. If anyone is interested please sent a pm and we can talk about it more.

Ryan

I think it's a great idea !!!!!

Hogs learn very fast and long range confuses them because they have trouble figuring
out where the shots come from .

I have plenty of hogs and they need my full attention , But some one should jump on
this offer.

I have killed hogs beyone 800 yards and am not afraid to try farther because even a poor
hit will do them in and they need to be controled. also at long distance you normally know
if you hit them because of the squeel you hear after the shot unless they are stone cold dead.

My brother likes to use an M1a or an FN to work them over, He has killed 4 or 5 at one time
this way with shots of 700 to 800 yards.

I prefer to use a bolt action and can normally get at least 4 hogs before they dissapear.

Anyway, lots of luck and good hunting.

J E CUSTOM

Ryan, I come down to Hamlin and hog hunt every spring in april. I might be interested if the hogs are hard to find where we usually hunt.

Awesome guys, thinks for jumping on!! Hogs are pretty thick right now...check out this monster!!
feeder3sept72009113.jpg

Feral Hogs are how I got started in serious long range shooting! At long range they do get confused because the shot is so far away they do not know which way to run most of the time.

Have killed too many to count and it is it fun!!!!! For those of you who like to hunt hogs the area above is great for long range shooting! In Texas it is the only animal that you can eat that does not require a hunting license to shoot lol...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.