Any reason not to get a Bighorn Origin LA?

Just a guess, machine out the cut for a Wyatt's or a cip 338 mag. I machined out a savage long action for a 300 prc build. Easy to do.

I have had it done on a Rem 700. I thought about contacting Zermatt and asking if they would mill mine out. Love the action, only thing, it is a little heavier than some others. Done with heavy rifles...

I have had it done on a Rem 700. I thought about contacting Zermatt and asking if they would mill mine out. Love the action, only thing, it is a little heavier than some others. Done with heavy rifles...
I've not compared weight. Unless running a Ti action I figured there wasn't any reason to fret about it. I hear ya on weight tho. My chassis folding stock rig with can is under 9.

Finally purchasing a TL3 was one of the better firearm purchases I have made in my shooting career (I held off for way too long buying cheaper actions only to sell them when it wasn't what I really wanted). I think the TL3 is a worthwhile upgrade over the origin to get the fixed recoil lug, but the origin is a great action as well and I doubt you would notice much of a difference if you aren't doing frequent barrel changes.
How much of a PITA is not-having an integrated recoil lug if you have to swap barrels? Being that I have Sako/Tikka's I am not used to this variable.

Curious what others are doing to get the Origin to work with the 300 PRC. I think you have to use a DBM with the Origin and can't use a Wyatt's.

I have an SR3 and it doesn't have the Wyatts cut. I have it with a HS Precision DBM and not sure I can do a 300 PRC and load long. It can only go to 3.7" internal, realistically 3.690" for realiable feeding.

Run them in a CIP magazine... not that I've done it, but its my plan.

I've not compared weight. Unless running a Ti action I figured there wasn't any reason to fret about it. I hear ya on weight tho. My chassis folding stock rig with can is under 9.
Origins/TL3's are listed at 31 oz, which is actually on the lighter end for a non-"hunting" action. A Ruckus UL only gets you down to 28 oz, for example.

Anyone have an opinions on an Origin vs a Defiance Anti?

Also, is it a pita to swap barrels without the integrated recoil lug?

Thanks!

Anyone have an opinions on an Origin vs a Defiance Anti?

Also, is it a pita to swap barrels without the integrated recoil lug?

Thanks!
Origin has mechanical ejector, no spring loaded pressure on the case head when chambered.
Integrated lug is oversold; it's no more trouble, and the origin has an alignment pin anyway. Takes alot of effort to mess it up.

I have a TL3 and just picked up two Origins from the local smith this evening. I can't tell any difference between them as far as smoothness is concerned. As far as weight goes, Proof is building their Elevation rifle on the Origin action and advertise weights between 5lb 14oz and 6lb 8oz depending on caliber. If I can piece together something in the 6.5 - 7lb pound range I'll be happy.