Any reason to thread a 6.5 PRC?

No thread locker, probably has to do with the fact I just hand tighten these blended protectors because they are Cerakoted. I could use a set of soft jaw pliers to help. They generally just unseat off the shoulder, enough to see a gap but not really feel it. These are bigger bore rifles in fairly light packages, so I use a brake at the range to keep from beating myself up to bad. 160lbs in a 5' 10" package does not offer a lot of padding.

Oh, I am deaf, so I could care less about the blast of a short barrel. I just think the lines of a blended brake or crowned barrel looks cleaner.

View attachment 518603
Your wife convinced you that you couldn't hear when all along she just wanted to fit you with a tracking device 😁

I have a Hells Canyon LR factory threaded, I hunt with the thread protector on, but at the range I use a brake. I do check point of impact after with the thread protector and adjust. It does affect it a bit. but for hunting it really doesn't kick much for one shot and I don't have to deal with extra 50% of noise.