All LongRange Hunters

Boyd Heaton

grin.gif
...Check this out....web page

[ 08-06-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

I got your back buddy....

Hey e-mail me .. it is eaiser to get ahold of me... let me know what ya wanted to chat about last night...

You know guys, it's really not even worth the effort. Hell, they one guy even says nothing we say will change his mind. There's no sense even arguing with a fool like that.

Funny, but just yesterday I posted on this board regarding hunting with SMK bullets and stated that "It barely takes the mention of the SMK to get someone all heated up".
Boy was that an understatement!
rolleyes.gif

VH

Boyd I didn't get to post here earlier but, I already had your back cover: CoonDawg!

Makes me glad that I have friends over here
wink.gif

As we say here in Texas some of them boys need to be taken out to the woodshed and taught a thing or two
mad.gif

<laugh!> I love that picture!

Well he picked his poison (if this is a hunter ethics argument then his foundation is irrelevent).
He could have easily went after the hunters in the south who use dogs in thick bush, or the Inuit who kill seals for food, or fishermen who use nets to catch fish, or slaughter houses that process 3,000 cows/day.

Bottom line is.. this is what we do, we're hunters. Hunters have aways been a necessary part of the human equation. Our bodies require it, the bible approves of it, the state allows it. He has just as much blood on his hands as we do, whether we shoot at 1000 yrds or 100 yrds is nothing more than our means of dispatch.

What matters is the humanity of dispatch and the purpose for doing it (I've always thought highly of the Native American tradition of giving thanks after a kill). I'll never forget my 1st kill and the immense feeling of satisfaction knowing that I actually acquired food of my own two hands rather than at Safeway.

This person who is ranting either started the thread for the kicks of a flame, or is a hate monger similar to a klansmen, who will hate 'pert near anything he doesn't like.

I particularly liked WyoWhisper's comments on the thread.

AB

[ 08-06-2003: Message edited by: AlbertaBound ]

WELL IT ALWAYS SEEMS THAT THERE ARE THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE.......THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT WE DO....SO IT CANT BE! BY THAT LINE OF THINKING, WE DONT UNDERSTAND ALOT OF THINGS... FOR EXAMPLE... A PARTICLE THAT EXCEEDA THE SPEED OF LIGHT? CANT BE... DONT UNDERSTAND IT?...IT OCCURS.. AND KNOWS NO TIME AS WE MEASURE IT...HARD TO FATHOM...HOWEVER, LETS NOT SAY IT CANT BE BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE A GRASP OF THE CONCEPT. TYPICAL THINKING INSIDE THE BOX...AND IF I MIGHT ADD...THERE BOX IS PRETTY DARN SMALL. GOIN FOR A 1860 YARD SHOT TONIGHT ON A HOG TONIGHT IF THE WEATHER HOLDS WITH MY LITTLE 6-284 WITH A 107 MK..... I KNOW, I KNOW ... CANT BE DONE...HOWEVER MAYBE THEY SHOULD ASK HIS NEIGHBOR AT 1712 YARDS... HE HAS GONE TO WHEREVER IT IS THAT GOOD GROUNDHOGS GO TO WHEN THEY LEAVE THIS WORLD! MEN ON THIS ISSUE I WILL NOT STAND BEHIND YOU...I WILL STAND BESIDE YOU!
wink.gif

Alberta,

I wish, I could have said what you said.. that was awesome.. pretty much took the words outta my mouth but I just didn't know how to say it....

DC,

I can just see the image of you clicking your heels!!!
grin.gif

truthfully, i dont know how you guys can debate with ignorant people like that. its like banging your head against the wall. if they cant shoot at those distances, then i'm not going to try and talk them in to it.

i dont need joe shmoe telling me i'm not an ethical hunter. i've taken deer with all kinds of weapons. if someone doesnt like what i take them with, or how, then its on them. its not going to stop me from the way i am or the way i do things.

-brian

[ 08-08-2003: Message edited by: Mountain Man ]

Guys, I can understand these guys point of view, to a point.
Before I got hurt, I thought this long range hunting was wrong. Of course I was ignorant of the factS. Equipment capabilities, mostly.
It was people like Boyd, Daryl, Wyowhisper, and several others who showed me I can still hunt. It did take some educating,which wil always be continuing. I am on the right track, I am definatly working on a budget, Savage rifle, Millet scope, soon to have a Choate stock.
This is the best I can do for now, I may not ever get out to, or past 1000 yards.
BUT, I am learning and having a tremendous amount of fun. Which i thought I would never have again.
SO, DONT GIVE UP ON THESE GUYS.
John, A.K.A. halfbreed

Alberta,

Well said in both forums. You can speak for me anytime.

I tend to agree that the origional post in the other forum was nothing more than a **** dipper stirring the pot to see what kind of response it could get. Really guy(Shadow) get a life, if all you've got to do is post and **** then do everyone a favor and look down the barrel of your favorite firearm and watch the bullet come out.

IMHO,
What Boyd and the other long range shooters have done is ineffect, raised the bar a couple of notches.

The marksmanship required to "ring the gong" at 1,000 yrds or more with suffecient energy to dispatch an elk sized critter is remarkable. Not to mention putting all the puzzle pieces together in reguards to equipment.

My hats off to them, and I support what they do and how they accomplish it.

If the narrow minded **** dippers figure that Boyd and the others have pushed the envelope to far, too bad for them.

There are a few really excellent forums on the net with individuals willing to share thier knowledge and experience with anyone that can read.

This is one of the good ones!

Thanks for allowing me to be part of it, and keep up the good work.

I've got to get me one of those 75yrd. bowie knives. Thats a long range weapon.

Burn lotsa powder!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.