All LongRange Hunters

Thanks for the kind words, but it's really you guys who I would like to thank. The caliber of skill that rests with you all and your willingness to share it is unparalled anywhere out on the net.

Though I don't have anything longer than 300 yards under my belt yet and still fighting the 1 MOA barrier, I also consider this board as home.

AB

That shadow (Bob) dude really got my goat. I typed out a really long reply to all his non-sense but at the last moment I decided nooot to reply to his post because my temper got the best of me & I did not want you guys to think the worst of me by the comments I would of posted...
I sure am glad you guys gave him a peice of you alls minds though, I could not responed no better than all you did. You all said, exactly what was on my mind and made me feel a whole lot better about the whole thing...

Dale

Boyd I have been bouncing on the MK treads at accurate. How have I missed this one. One can sure get their goat just by mentioning MK's hunting and shooting game at long range over 300 yards for most of them.
rolleyes.gif
Just remember nothing ever died my shooting it with a MK nor as any one ever killed gamed at long range.

Albertabound, Boyd, Ric and others.

Alberta
Well said and your comments are well founded.
Most short range hunters have NO idea what their rifles and calibers are capable of. Practice all year and the correct equipment to do the job is the key to the success of the Longrange hunter.

Boyd

Remember, most hunters on the other forums are two or three day a season (one week tops) hunters. Most would NEVER invest the "time and finances" it takes to become proficient at Longrange hunting. Many of you on even this forum have seen the benifits from practicing and expermenting with the correct equipment.
The short range hunters only defense is---"It's not hunting" as "THEY" perceive hunting to be or have known, their entire life.
Most would NEVER spend the thousands of dollars it takes to have the CORRECT equipment to do the job and more likly, their wives wouldn't "let" them anyway.

The reason for this forum was for people like us to let it all out and write about our experiances in a truthful manner and that's what we are doing and should continue to do for those wanting to know how "CORRECTLY."
If someone on another forum "acts Up" and talks against us, the LR hunters on this forum will come to the rescue, as you have seen happen many times.
Just continue to write the truth and things will work out just fine.
Possibly the ones who don't understand our style of hunting really do in a way and are just so envious, they have to respond in a negative manner?

Most of them however, don't understand ballistics at all and you can tell that with the response they give and questions they ask.

Anyway, hang in there and support your hunting style and try to educate those who don't know a tinker's **** about Longrange hunting and the styles we choose to do it.

You are seeing what I have been going through long before you were born or at least, long before you got into Longrange hunting. Carry it on friend.

Ric (Wyo)
I'm "clicking" the heels of my "Rocky Pro Hunters" with thoughts of the upcoming deer and elk seasons.

Later Guys and remember----Longrange hunting is here to stay. Do it correct, with the equipment needed, and you WILL be sucessful.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.