All hunters using Allen Precision Shooting rifles, please read....

12/28/2007

My 7mm AM APS sponsored a community hunt today, introduced some new shooters to LR hunting. We had a great time and took a few deer
1) 567 yrds
2) 611 yrds
3) 721 yrds
4) 822 yrds
RR

You're just creeping on out there in distance. What are you doing, useing a a chain saw and bulldozer on your days off to get some flat, open land to shoot on.

You're just creeping on out there in distance. What are you doing, useing a a chain saw and bulldozer on your days off to get some flat, open land to shoot on.

well ya gotta do what ya gotta do! no just getting a couple new places to hunt, could go to 1450 yds at the place we were at this week.
RR

kirby, sorry my camera wasn't available, it was in my truck and we had another vehicle, I did get a pic of the 822 yard deer afterwards but I'm still waiting for an email containing it, will do better next year!
RR

With the 6.5-06 AI you built: antelope at 420 yds, whitetail at 440 yds. It's my go-to rifle!

Kirby, u have a pic of my 330 yd. 4-pt. muley, that i got several years back wth that crappy H-S handgun stock on the 7-270 WSM that u told me probably wouldn't work anyways--it didn't. Kept cracking when using Richard's 200 gr. ULD. Too much torque i guess. It now has the McMillan on it but i've yet to get a big game animal with it. Man it shoots now though. Had a 4" gp. at 425 in high wind just before elk season this year. Have u ever considered putting up a website for your business with the pics??

Well, I've only got one APS rifle so far but it has accounted for an antelope at 1068 yards, a bull elk at 1302 yards, and a deer buck at 1059 yards. Unfortunately, I do not have the link to them but I'm sure you can find the posts here a few pages back. Or possibly someone can make a link here for you.

Good luck with the advertising. If I can do anything else for you, send me an email.

Better update my post. Add a spike elk at 900+ and a cow elk at 1410.

thought I'd better update the thread after the '08 season
7mm AM harvests for 2008
307 yds
575 yds
575 yds
702 yds
1,350 yds
1350.jpg

RR

Put me down for two whitetails with a kirby built 6.5 wsm xp pistol at 400 and 420.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.