30 Cal Longrange Hunter

I have a ridgeline in 300 WSM its a great gun. I would stay with a medium weight bullet like Fed TLR 175gr or 175/180 gr Accubond or barnes so you don't loose so much case space. The WSM looses ground fast to the WM on heavies, but if you stay with med or lights bullets is very close.

Good friend of mine went on an Alaskan moose hunt with a 300 Weatherby with a 26" barrel and a muzzle break. He said if he could do it over he would def take a 300WM with a 24" barrel. He said the long magnum rifle was over kill and miserable in that terrain.

The 180 Swift Scirocco II is wicked, aka brutal, aka stopper, in the 300 short mag. It takes some patience to develop the load but when you find the node it's worth the time and effort. Swift makes some great bullets for the large game animals. It took me some tinkering time to dial my short mag in but it was worth it. I'm also building my new 300PRC and look forward to tuning it in as well. I can't wait for some quality 300PRC brass to come available. Let's go ADK, PETERSON, etc.... make us some brass....

The 180 Swift Scirocco II is wicked, aka brutal, aka stopper, in the 300 short mag. It takes some patience to develop the load but when you find the node it's worth the time and effort. Swift makes some great bullets for the large game animals. It took me some tinkering time to dial my short mag in but it was worth it. I'm also building my new 300PRC and look forward to tuning it in as well. I can't wait for some quality 300PRC brass to come available. Let's go ADK, PETERSON, etc.... make us some brass....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.