30 cal

Martin@Hin

Hello everybody I have been reading this form for some time and its educational and fun.
I like to get some input on my next rifle.
I have many center firing rifles starting at a 223 all the way up to a 50BMG.
Most of these guns are in the 12 to 17 lbs range and I love all of them.
When I was younger I did not mind dragging a 50 pnd backpack and a 15 pnd rifle up the mountain.
But things have changed.
We have a 3 month hunting season for years my main hunting rifle was a Ruger#1 in 375 H&H being LH,that is until I could afford a 340 Weatherby for the first part and a A bolt for when the weather got nasty.
I still usually get my game(got a nice 3 year old Moose in the first week of the season) but I do find those heavy weighted 33 cal guns to be more and more cumbersome.
One of my favorite small cal cartridge is a 308 Winchester I have a target rifle that does 77 mm at 500 but it weighs a ton.
Sooo I know I carry on and on but I need someone to enlighten me.
I tend to lean towards a Savage 110 storm I like the adjustable stock floating bolt head accutrigger aluminum bedding and easy replaceable barrel in LH.
I would like decent acc to 500mtr and since this Grissly country looking at heavy bullets.
So what is in between a 308 and a 33?
I hear about a 300 PRC longer neck heavy bullets twist? ???
Give me some ideas please.
I walk my dog in remote areas but cant haul a 15pnd rifle for one hour
Well lady's and gentlemen it's a long one but I just like to talk about guns.
I cant help myself lol
Have a great day and God bless
Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.