ADG BRASS FOR SHERMAN SHORTMAG

elkaholic

I decided to give this a more appropriate title and give everyone an update as well get a more accurate head count on what numbers to order? I don't want to order too many because of the cost or too few because it may be a year before the next run?
First of all, I want everyone to be perfectly clear on what we will be receiving. I will have 2 different head stamps in the beginning. 6.5 SS and 7 SS. I am considering stamping the 6.5 (6.5 SS/T) as the same brass will be used for both. What do you guys think? The brass will be sent to me in the same stage as the Norma brass that I am now prepping and will all be 7mm neck size. It will have one of the 2 head stamps and will be sent to you with the proper stamp. Obviously, it will require some amount of fire forming but will be head spaced, and close to full power loads can be used. The SST could be a max load as it will need only a small amount of taper blown out. (not much more than the way factory stuff comes now). If you have an SS, the shoulder will also be formed in the first firing. To have the brass arrive in exact chamber size, at this point, would not be possible because of the high cost of a lot of extra tooling. What we are doing is taking advantage of the standard 7 SAUM tooling. At some point down the road, with enough demand, fully formed may be an option. This step will help make that possible. If you have any of the other bore sizes, you can simply neck up or down with your Sherman dies.
As I mentioned before, the word is that the ADG brass is second to none (including Lapua). Another plus is, I feel very comfortable working with the folks at ADG and also the fact that it is "MADE IN THE USA"!
I will be working to get a website and/or Facebook page going soon for any and ALL transactions! Len has been very gracious so far, and I sincerely appreciate this! In the meantime, please send any quanities that you will want to order to my personal email ([email protected]) with the subject (ADG BRASS). I don't have exact cost as yet from ADG partly because it will change with the quantity ordered. It WILL be under $3.00 and could be a little lower if the order is large enough. For brass that is said to take 20+firings, this is very cost effective! All other discussion should be fine here on this thread.
The time frame for this will get here before we know it. I will need to order the head stamp tooling (bunters) by March or April at the latest. ADG will plan to send samples by mid to late spring and production could take place by July. I really believe in this design, and I hope enough of you do as well so we can make this go!
TEASER: Rumor has it that there will be another new chambering available around mid Feb. that will utilize this basic design:D........RICH

This is awesome news, Rich! What a game changer having brass like this will be! Can't wait for the day it's available just like any other mass produced brass =)

3 bucks a pice! Wow that's some expensive stuff...... Was hoping it would be lower than that. 300 rum brass from them is only 2.07 a pice. Not meaning to be negative but why is this brass so high. At that price it may just be worth it to buy there saum brass when it comes out..

They manufacture it, and in volume to boot! When they make it in small quantities for someone else, there is a difference. I have to make something too, or it's not going to happen. You could do the Saum brass if you wanted to continue to go through the whole forming process, but most people don't want to and most also want head stamped. If you check around, you will find that under $3.00 for wildcat brass of that quality is not unreasonable at all. Especially for .550 head size!

Just to clarify, the brass is stamped for 6.5 or 7mm but all of it will come with a 7mm neck size?
If so, will brass need to be neck turned when sized down?

They manufacture it, and in volume to boot! When they make it in small quantities for someone else, there is a difference. I have to make something too, or it's not going to happen. You could do the Saum brass if you wanted to continue to go through the whole forming process, but most people don't want to and most also want head stamped. If you check around, you will find that under $3.00 for wildcat brass of that quality is not unreasonable at all. Especially for .550 head size!

It is basically the same reason you pay $40 for shelf dies and $250 to $300 for custom. 300 rum is a shelf product. F ever got to that category, ADG would shelf them and you could buy them for that price.

I'm looking forward to a proper website myself, I do do Facebook and many others don't either. Good luck Rich , ill be on board sooner than later!

I posted the following in a separate thread about my 338 SHERMAN build. Thought it seemed relevant to this discussion as well, so I will add it here for consideration:

FYI, for ANY of the long action SHERMAN shooters, I just contacted Huntington's to try to purchase some RWS brass (Xmas present to myself). They are out and not projected to receive more before September. I am going to have to live with Norma for now.

I have been following recent developments with ADG Cartridge Brass with great interest. Naturally, I am hoping they will add Sherman, 280 AI, 280, or 270 brass to their lineup. I note with excitement that they are offering 300 Win Mag. Though I don't own a .300 Win Mag, I think this bodes well for the prospect of Lapua quality belted magnum brass being available in the near future. I, personally, am pining for .264 Win Mag, but if ADG even made 7 Rem Mag, I would buy it and neck it down.

I called them to cheer/beg for the above. They seem to be very open to feedback and I was encouraged to follow/comment on their FB page. It was explained to me that they will regularly update status on their products there, and that they closely monitor feedback of FB and multiple forums, as well as that received by phone or e-mail.

The individual with whom I spoke told me a bit about their manufacturing process and that their design emphasis is on creating cases with tough case heads (via double stamping), while preserving case capacity by avoiding excessive material thickness. Music to my ears...

It was specifically mentioned to me that ADG is working with Rich to offer brass for his SS and SST designs in the near future, as a derivative of the SAUM cases they intend to offer.

If you are a SHERMAN shooter of ANY flavor, I strongly urge you to contact these guys to express your interest in their brass. THEY ARE LISTENING!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts