Accuracy build help

I measured an A5 tube inside length (7.75") and it measures the same as the ubr gen2 tube without the spacer (3/4"). With the spacer it measures the same as a non-A5 carbine tube inside length (7")

Attachments

• 20231211_003526.jpg
    20231211_003526.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 23
I measured an A5 tube inside length (7.75") and it measures the same as the ubr gen2 tube without the spacer (3/4"). With the spacer it measures the same as a non-A5 carbine tube inside length (7")

It works for you that's all that matters. I suppose you can use it for rifle system application. Most of us use them in carbine config.. Cheers

Last edited:
G1 is the same. It came with buffer tube. When they were discontinued, John H from WOA, bought all the remaining inventory at Magpul. The G1s are more sought after by service rifle shooters because they are heavier, and a few guys came up with lead inserts for the pockets to add more weights to suit their style. The lead weight will not fit the G2.
I don't know anything about the gen1's or designs, only the gen2 with a plastic spacer. No lead weights in this 1.

This is what I received Wednesday

Attachments

• 20231211_004502.jpg
    20231211_004502.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231211_004523.jpg
    20231211_004523.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 28
And now this makes sense…
"The UBR GEN2 includes the required custom Receiver Extension tube, Buffer Spacer, and all mounting hardware. A carbine buffer and spring (M4 or SR-25 length) or A5 buffer and spring are required for use with the UBR and are not included."

Sounds like I can use the A5 Buffer and the Geissele Super 42 rifle length spring =)

Last edited:
62 gr BTHP in front of 28.4 grains of Power Pro 2000-MR. They are actually toned down from primer flattening over 3200 fps. I brought them down to pattern the best.

CFE-223 and Leverrevolution are generally my main powders. I bought a few thousand RMR 69 grain match bullets the summer of 22. I dialed them in at @3000 fps. They all drop @300 in my friends carbine length gas system 16. The bolt just beats the crud out of the buffer tube.

The shorter gas tubes are hit with something like 30,000 psi and some manufacturers drill large gas holes. It actually bleeds off lot's of pressure. So it's not just the barrel length like a bolt gun for comparison.

Curious what guys think normal optics for something this would be. I was thinking something in the 3-15x or 4-16x?
I've only ever seen LPVOs on the ARs I've shot but 8x isn't gonna cut it with my eyes much past 200-300 yards for precision shooting. Silhouettes? Totally. But if I'm spending money on a match barrel and parts I want little groups.
Does anybody slap the bigger high-power optics on their ARs?

I have a few lpvo's. 1x4, 1x6, 1x8 snd 1x10. I like the Athelon 1x10 reticle. There are 2x12 options also in a compact length (usually 2"+ shorter than other optics.

I have a few lpvo's. 1x4, 1x6, 1x8 snd 1x10. I like the Athelon 1x10 reticle. There are 2x12 options also in a compact length (usually 2"+ shorter than other optics.
I don't know anything about Athlon, but this one seems to check my boxes. I'll have to start researching these on my own. Just wish it was offered with a MOA reticle. I may have to learn the MIL system...

I love budget deals. I have several Monstrum LPVOs. The Truck AR @bamban built for me is running a 1-8x24 and is just about perfect. If I would have had a reason or a rifle, I would have picked up an Arken EP-8 when they had the 25% off deal.

Note: Looks like Arken still has the 25% code. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Athlon, but this one seems to check my boxes. I'll have to start researching these on my own. Just wish it was offered with a MOA reticle. I may have to learn the MIL system...
Are you a veteran by chance?