Accuracy build help

Call John at Whiteoak Armaments, he will build you one you won't be disappointed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Whiteoak. Good people to work with. John sells good products and knows the AR Platform. Save yourself a lot of time and money. Do what bamban posted. We have several Uppers/Barrels/Components from them!

I'm pretty set on the Magpul UBR stock for this rifle which requires a rifle length buffer (I think?)
Also considering the JP Enterprises silent buffer or the Geissele Super 42 H2 w/rifle length spring.
The ubr without the spacer will work with A5 recoil system (AR15 carbine buffer w/ AR10 rifle spring). The ubr doesn't use a rifle buffer (it's to long). In an AR15 you use an AR15 rifle spring with a 4" buffer (A5 buffer) and with an AR10 you use AR10 rifle spring with an AR15 carbine buffer. I wasn't totally sure until my ubr arrived. I have both the super42 and the jp scs's. If weight is a concern, don't use the jp as its combine weight is more than the 42 with H2. I'm not totally sold on the scs's, but they do function well. If you're looking for a softer recoil go with a heavier buffer with a lighter bcg (less reciprocating mass). My preference in gas system for an 18" is an intermediate, but if suppressed I'd go rifle length. Going over my notes an inter system is 9.75" and rifle is 12.7", so subtract that off of 18".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Whiteoak. Good people to work with. John sells good products and knows the AR Platform. Save yourself a lot of time and money. Do what bamban posted. We have several Uppers/Barrels/Components from them!
Now will be looking at his barrels too...
Will plan to call him prior to making any purchases on my list of needs.

The ubr without the spacer will work with A5 recoil system (AR15 carbine buffer w/ AR10 rifle spring). The ubr doesn't use a rifle buffer (it's to long). In an AR15 you use an AR15 rifle spring with a 4" buffer (A5 buffer) and with an AR10 you use AR10 rifle spring with an AR15 carbine buffer. I wasn't totally sure until my ubr arrived. I have both the super42 and the jp scs's. If weight is a concern, don't use the jp as its combine weight is more than the 42 with H2. I'm not totally sold on the scs's, but they do function well. If you're looking for a softer recoil go with a heavier buffer with a lighter bcg (less reciprocating mass). My preference in gas system for an 18" is an intermediate, but if suppressed I'd go rifle length. Going over my notes an inter system is 9.75" and rifle is 12.7", so subtract that off of 18".
Do you use the Geissele Super 42 spring w/ the A5 Buffer?
I feel like a fish out of water today as I'm researching all these new terms and rifle parts lol
I'm pretty sure I'll have a sweet new rifle w/everyone's help by the end of this thread (fingers crossed)

Do you use the Geissele Super 42 spring w/ the A5 Buffer?
I feel like a fish out of water today as I'm researching all these new terms and rifle parts lol
I'm pretty sure I'll have a sweet new rifle w/everyone's help by the end of this thread (fingers crossed)
If the super42 is a rifle spring, then yes. I'm not totally sure if there it comes rifle and carbine lengths or just 1 length? I'll need to check the spring I have?

It states NOT for use with A5 or rifle lengths, but not totally correct! If you have this 1 then you can use it.

If a pinned 14.5'' can be match accurate and maintain velocity out past 600 yards, I could be very interested.
Bold lettering is important.

I've never shot or even been around anything less than 16 inch because they loose so much velocity and the short length gas systems just beat the crud out of the buffer tube weights.

I was chrono testing some rounds out of my 20 inch non threaded with an 11 degree target crown. 3200 fps average and putting the same in a 16 inch was 2860 fps. So a 14.5 might even be less than 2700. Plug in the poor BC on a calculator and they are not performing out at 600 yards

Match and ultra match are sales buzz words. It generally means that rifling might be better and some type of straightening of the barrel was done. It doesn't mean benchrest 600 yard ready.

I use these kind of triggers. This is actually a target 24 inch .308

24 inch.jpg

https://www.performancetriggers.com/cmc-triggers-2-stage-trigger-flat-ar-15-2-lbs.html

It's an A5 tube actually, but with spacer it's a standard length carbine.

UBR1 (discontinued) and UBR2 come complete with the tube. These are the two most popular buttstock in CMP/NRA service rifle competition. I am using 4 of them.

Bold lettering is important.

I've never shot or even been around anything less than 16 inch because they loose so much velocity and the short length gas systems just beat the crud out of the buffer tube weights.

I was chrono testing some rounds out of my 20 inch non threaded with an 11 degree target crown. 3200 fps average and putting the same in a 16 inch was 2860 fps. So a 14.5 might even be less than 2700. Plug in the poor BC on a calculator and they are not performing out at 600 yards

Match and ultra match are sales buzz words. It generally means that rifling might be better and some type of straightening of the barrel was done. It doesn't mean benchrest 600 yard ready.

I use these kind of triggers. This is actually a target 24 inch .308

View attachment 519961

https://www.performancetriggers.com/cmc-triggers-2-stage-trigger-flat-ar-15-2-lbs.html
Just out of curiosity... were the loads you were shooting handloads or factory? 340fps in 4 inches seems excessive for factory, but I would believe handloads optimized for barrel length might have that sort of drastic velocity shift.
What bullet were you shooting?
I'm less inclined to try to 14.5'' but am leaning towards a 16'' just to keep the overall length a little more manageable with a suppressor attached. Originally was thinking 18'' and I guess it's still an option I'm leaving on the table for now. I wouldn't be interested in anything longer, unless I changed the build to something like a 22 ARC and had the powder capacity to take advantage of the true .22 cal heavies.
Nice rifle.

The gen2 I have must be different? The specs I gave is from the 1 I have. I only have 1.

G1 is the same. It came with buffer tube. When they were discontinued, John H from WOA, bought all the remaining inventory at Magpul. The G1s are more sought after by service rifle shooters because they are heavier, and a few guys came up with lead inserts for the pockets to add more weights to suit their style. The lead weight will not fit the G2.