Accuracy build help

I saw that review after I read some reviews over on the hide. Per usual w/ Chinese optics, it's a luck of the draw. The gentleman over there didn't drop test but claims it's basically lived in vehicles and never lost zero.
In the end we all have to get what WE want. It's YOUR money so YOU get to spend it as YOU want. I try not to buy Chinese but it's hard not to. I bought a used Nikon rangefinder for pretty cheap only to find out it was made in China. I bought SWFA scopes to avoid this. I think EuroOptics has Burris scopes at closeout prices. And there are some Vortex PST's on closeout too. But I won't ding ya for getting an Athlon, I've been tempted to lol.

I can't plausibly see where the bevel/chamfer of the leading edge against the buffer has anything to do with accuracy? Locked into battery with the bolt and extension plays no part of the other end of the bcg. I'm still curious about the test though!
I just got around to reading some of Joe Carlos' articles on accurizing the AR platform, as linked by bamban in post #11 of this thread. His position as an armorer for a High Power Rifle Team should qualify him as an expert on the topic of accurizing AR's. One of the inconsistency factors in the AR design that he points out is that the rear of the BCG isn't precisely located when in battery, and that influences how the bolt is aligned with the chamber. Specifically that it can make the face of the bolt not square to the chamber.
Unless I'm not understanding what you're asking here?

That is just one of Mr. Carlos' articles, can search out his considerable list of articles on accurizing the AR on that web site.

I just got around to reading some of Joe Carlos' articles on accurizing the AR platform, as linked by bamban in post #11 of this thread. His position as an armorer for a High Power Rifle Team should qualify him as an expert on the topic of accurizing AR's. One of the inconsistency factors in the AR design that he points out is that the rear of the BCG isn't precisely located when in battery, and that influences how the bolt is aligned with the chamber. Specifically that it can make the face of the bolt not square to the chamber.

That is just one of Mr. Carlos' articles, can search out his considerable list of articles on accurizing the AR on that web site.

Joe's solution to BCG tilt are the button heads, mine is SS sleeve.

Screenshot_20191130-120111_Gmail_41823797427660.jpg
20200827_195040.jpg

I like that the sleeve has a lot more bearing area than does a button head. Not to mention that the edges of the drive sockets in most all button heads can be a little sharp and stoning them over isn't going to completely fix that. Looks like your sleeves might be bonded on, so I'm doubting that there's an issue with them coming loose. It would be a lot easier without that pesky buffer retaining pin!

Come to think of it, I recall that you (bamban) have pointed out the tilt issue too. Either in this or in other thread(s).

I like that the sleeve has a lot more bearing area than does a button head. Not to mention that the edges of the drive sockets in most all button heads can be a little sharp and stoning them over isn't going to completely fix that. Looks like your sleeves might be bonded on, so I'm doubting that there's an issue with them coming loose. It would be a lot easier without that pesky buffer retaining pin!

Come to think of it, I recall that you (bamban) have pointed out the tilt issue too. Either in this or in other thread(s).

They are JB Welded. There is enough gap between the bcg and sleeve for the epoxy. The other thing I bore out and polish the buffer with brake cylinder hone and WD40

the only thing that might (and could) make a difference in accuracy is the rear of the bolt NOT being machined square as so the buffer pushes/contacts off center which pushes it to 1 side or the other. That is why on Rems for the blueprinting the bolt and lugs makes accuracy if done correctly.

I actually bought the "enhanced" BCG for all the reasons discussed above, including the article shared. This rifle has been built to tighten up the typical AR rattles wherever possible.
I think I've got a pretty solid platform of parts inbound with the help from all of you. Thanks so much!
Final rifle specs:
Aero
-
M4 Enhanced Matched Upper, Lower
- 13" Enhanced Rail
Radian
- Raptor SD
- Talon Ambi 45
- Enhanced BCG
Magpul
- UBR
Geissele
- Super 42 Spring/Buffer
Larue
- MBT 2S
WOA
- 16" Predator w/Fluting
- Gas Block
SilencerCo
- ASR Flash Hider

Optics/mounts/light are still TBD at this time.

What is the main difference between standard and enhanced bcg. Does it solve the bcg tilt?
There is a
Yea. I saw they make specialized bolt for this problem now.

Heres a photo of the "enhanced BCG. The back flares out to true up the bolt face during lockup, similar to the sleeves spoken of above. I marked up a photo I added to post 73 on page 6 to show the flare out.

There is a

Heres a photo of the "enhanced BCG. The back flares out to true up the bolt face during lockup, similar to the sleeves spoken of above. I marked up a photo I added to post 73 on page 6 to show the flare out.

To accommodate the flare up, would the stock buffer tube works with it? When you get yours could you possibly measure the flare up diameter, could you see how much the flare wiggles in the upper receiver?

I just mic'd one of my 5.56 Lantac E-BCG's (NiB plated version) using a Mitutoyo digital 1" micrometer. I used the clutch since I don't use one often enough to maintain the necessary feel. Walking it around the diameter to settle the mic on it I get Ø.97545-.97550 at the rear flare of the carrier body. (I'm including that last decimal place only as a clue where the dim is heading and not because I believe it.)
HTH.....

To accommodate the flare up, would the stock buffer tube works with it? When you get yours could you possibly measure the flare up diameter, could you see how much the flare wiggles in the upper receiver?
If external dimensions are the same as non-enhanced the "wiggle" in the same receiver should be the same flare or no flare. I've thought about 1 for an AR10, but never committed to buy 1.

I'd have to go back out to the garage again and measure a std. 5.56 carrier body at the tail end, but I don't think any of them are mil-spec. Compare this Geissele's carrier body shape to the Lantac E-BCG's carrier body shape.
05-490_00.jpg

4ebbdb_28c29106866943c9a83bb9b436607aea~mv2.jpg

See the increase in OD at the very rear of the Lantac part? That larger diameter is what I measured in the post above.