A thread about tired threads. Please add...

TX Badger

The 22xxx or 6mm xxxx is the best deer cartridge (as discussed on a LONG RANGE HUNTING forum) "I know a guy who killed a deer with one, one time."

The 308 win is a great long range hunting cartridge (that's what snipers use)

The superior ballistics and terminal performance of berger bullets make them the best lrh bullets

Because they either pencil through or explode without penetrating berger bullets are trash and no responsible hunter should ever use them.

Hammer (tough mono) bullets are the ONLY big game bullets to use.

Creedmoor anything.

X new cartridge, why? Hornady is trash. They are an evil marketing firm that only preys on the ignorant and adds no innovation to the market.

I know I'm missing a bunch. Get them off your chest, you'll feel better. For the record I've weighed in on all these topics and am laughing at myself too.

What an I missing that is so tired that it drives you crazy?

Mine is basically a rant about the industry as a whole. Basically, it's any of the new trendy catridges (that may or may not even be around in 5 years) that have been popping up for the last decade where they make minuscule changes to the base cartridge, it becomes an internet sensation overnight. Meanwhile, it barely outperforms chamberings made 30 years ago from a hunting perspective where guys aren't taking shots past 500yds very often. The PRCs are the newest trend I've grown to hate. Just buy a 7mm Rem Mag or .300WM. That extra hundred or two hundred fps and slightly higher BC isn't going to make that shot easier, practice is.

Reloading components and a loaf of bread should be priced the same as they were in 1969.....one of my personal favorites 🙄
I'd settle for October of 2019...

Forums run of advertising dollar, pushed by the much vaunted clicks and views. Love them or hate them it drives forums onwards, fortunately in all the noise are some genuinely useful data sets.

Most things in life are that way... beats the alternative.

I really get tired of @ButterBean getting on here and expounding on how great the 6.5 Creedmoor is, I mean, you'd think that every manufacturer would just halt production and simplify their lives, 6.5, all day, everyday and twice as much on Sunday. I heard that he sent that donated 6.5 to Ukraine and Russia immediately withdrew troops, coincidence? 😎

The 22xxx or 6mm xxxx is the best deer cartridge (as discussed on a LONG RANGE HUNTING forum) "I know a guy who killed a deer with one, one time."

The 308 win is a great long range hunting cartridge (that's what snipers use)

The superior ballistics and terminal performance of berger bullets make them the best lrh bullets

Because they either pencil through or explode without penetrating berger bullets are trash and no responsible hunter should ever use them.

Hammer (tough mono) bullets are the ONLY big game bullets to use.

Creedmoor anything.

X new cartridge, why? Hornady is trash. They are an evil marketing firm that only preys on the ignorant and adds no innovation to the market.

I know I'm missing a bunch. Get them off your chest, you'll feel better. For the record I've weighed in on all these topics and am laughing at myself too.

What an I missing that is so tired that it drives you crazy?
Is this the only forum you belong to? If so, not sure you grasp how lucky you may be, lol.

Just over 2 yrs ago I decided I was going dedicate 2 yrs to 22LR shooting. Learn as I go, on my own, and just see what can be done with 22LR past 100 yards. Spend the money, on equipment and ammunition, put the time in, and figure out just what is repeatable accuracy.
My 2 yrs are up and I am adding 1 more yr to the quest. Along the way, I thought maybe gleaning some information may help, that meant more gun forums.
If you like speculation, and conjecture, and redundancy is a staple of your diet, feel free to follow in my footsteps, hehe.
You'll only ask once what kind of vertical dispersion is acceptable at 400 yards with decent ammo. "My granpappy's Rem 552 Speedmaster hammers with golden bullets" isn't what you are looking for.

As long as people need to seek validation from strangers in the form of social media, such as this, your issues will never disappear. Yet here I am and just typed this response.

I really get tired of @ButterBean getting on here and expounding on how great the 6.5 Creedmoor is, I mean, you'd think that every manufacturer would just halt production and simplify their lives, 6.5, all day, everyday and twice as much on Sunday. I heard that he sent that donated 6.5 to Ukraine and Russia immediately withdrew troops, coincidence? 😎
As my Friday workday gets hectic, and I'm explaining to someone why they can't put an Allison transmission in their Toyota 4Runner, I will think back on that one and smile to myself.

Is this the only forum you belong to? If so, not sure you grasp how lucky you may be, lol.

Just over 2 yrs ago I decided I was going dedicate 2 yrs to 22LR shooting. Learn as I go, on my own, and just see what can be done with 22LR past 100 yards. Spend the money, on equipment and ammunition, put the time in, and figure out just what is repeatable accuracy.
My 2 yrs are up and I am adding 1 more yr to the quest. Along the way, I thought maybe gleaning some information may help, that meant more gun forums.
If you like speculation, and conjecture, and redundancy is a staple of your diet, feel free to follow in my footsteps, hehe.
You'll only ask once what kind of vertical dispersion is acceptable at 400 yards with decent ammo. "My granpappy's Rem 552 Speedmaster hammers with golden bullets" isn't what you are looking for.

As long as people need to seek validation from strangers in the form of social media, such as this, your issues will never disappear. Yet here I am and just typed this response.
I admire your dedication.

Recent Posts