a "Let's argue" thread

Re: a "Let\'s argue" thread

I'm 5'10 3/4", but it's on my drivers license as 6'.
grin.gif
The way I see that one is, it's never been relevant at any time in my life yet, so who gives a ****, I don't.
grin.gif

That flacid measurement thing, that might have had some influence a time or two.
grin.gif
Surprised they don't require that one on the drivers license too. You don't think anyone would lie about that one now do ya?
grin.gif

Polar Bears are white, or I need my eyes checked. I think I remember hearing they have black skin.

Earth, I'll go with Steve on that one.

The sky only appears blue, that's true.

Have a happy 4th guys!
smile.gif

Dave, everything was so much better around here before you got back from your hunt! You stir things up something terrible.

You guys are all superbly accuate shooters and upstanding perfect gentlemen.

That statement is a...
"definite possibility of an absolute maybe"

Steve sounds like you are having too much fun in the corner
grin.gif
. This time when you go leave the moonshine back at the table
wink.gif

By the way why do the call it moonshine/whitelightin, does it shine like the moon or does it cmake it rain?

Whats with this HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL? Does it mean the Government is after you and you have to keep moving
wink.gif
?

Dave from what I've noticed Polar bears are white with black skin.

If a rainbow can be seem after the rain how come it can't be seen all the time.

Something to make you go hummmmmm!

Dave,

I am 6' 5" tall but I wish I was 3" shorter. I can't buy clothes in the "kiddy" section, like some people
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Try finding a dress shirt with an 18" neck and a 37" sleeve. You little guys tick me off,
grin.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

Don
smile.gif

If the earth wasn't round I couldn't shoot the guy that's sneakin' up behind me.
rolleyes.gif
I know it's a long shot...

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore!" Yogi

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

shocked.gif

Round earth! Bah...

Okay... let's see how easy this round earth question is...

How many places (in general (a specified place will include all areas within about 20 miles)) are there on this planet (earth) that a person can walk a mile north, then a mile east then a mile south and be back at their starting point? Where is/are this/these place/s?

P.S. A general place is meant to exclude multiple sites within feet, meters or a few miles from one another. If there are multiple sites they will need to be many-many miles apart.

Are you guys tellin me that this thing made it to 2 pages and noone figured out that the world is "Spherical", not "Round".

Wheewww! And you are allowed to own guns?

I'm back... again!! haven't been drinking this time so I'll be good!
wink.gif

That would be 2 places if you are back to the exact same set of foot prints (in the snow) that you started walking from... North pole and South Pole! If I read your wording correctly you didn't specify which order the north, east, and south had to walked so it would be both poles.
If you have to do it in the same order specified... 1... South Pole.

did I do good Dave... did I? huh huh?

hey I didn't mis-spell anything and I didn't cuss... yet either.
grin.gif

Steve

[ 07-06-2003: Message edited by: Steve Shelp ]

You did real good Steve, see what happens when you young guys go sniffin that shine
wink.gif
grin.gif

4mesh what the He-(double pogo stick) is "Spherical" never bought anything like that.

Dave so you sayin that the sky is blue, then why is it black or gray when I go to work in the morning?

[ 07-06-2003: Message edited by: Texas ]

Here's one to chew on..

The earth is soft and spinning, mostly made of fluid material, so the diameter through the equator is longer than the diameter through the poles.

Sort of like a spinning water balloon.

AB

Steve

Good to see you're out of that corner again.

"walk a mile north, then a mile east then a mile south " must be in this order.

Care to change you answer? You said if in order it'd be 1 location!

You're a thinker I believe but take a little more time and stay off the moonshine.
wink.gif

4mesh063

Sphere... now you did it...

Spheroid, ellipsoid and now apparently geoid...whew... see why we called it round.

http://www.mentorsoftwareinc.com/CC/gistips/TIPS1098.HTM

Texas

Open your eyes while going to work...is it still black or gray? Could be a Texas thing!
wink.gif

Albertabound

Okay...we got that and I've never heard it put like that.

All

What is the speed of a stationary (relative to the earth's surface) body on the surface of the earth at the equator? How about a object at 45 north (or south) and for bonus points... an object just 1 mile north (or south) of the equator? In kilometers per hour or statute mile per hour or nautical miles mile per hour (please specify).

(My guess is that S1 won't have too much trouble with this one.)

[ 07-07-2003: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Hi,
Here's one for you.
If you're in the back of a truck going 60 MPH, ( probabily a Chevy, 'cause a Ford won't go that fast! HeHE), and a deer runs behind the truck during the season, and your bow launches an arrow at 325 FPS. Will you hit it????
..... or will the arrow drop straight down???

That should keep you busy for a few minutes.

$$#@, &!@%, F#@&.
I'll go sit in the corner now.
C'ya. John.

60 mph is 88 fps.

speed is relative..

Speed 325 fps away from from the bow (opposite as I understand from the travel of the Chev truck), over the earth speed is 325 - 88 or 237 fps. You now have an arrow traveling 237 fps... I don't know which direction the deer is running so I'll say 90 degrees to the travel of the truck...you'll shoot behind it or more correctly, behind your intended point of impact. Just a guess on my part.

In Steve's words..."did I do good Wyojeepeer... did I? huh huh?"

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts