a "Let's argue" thread

Re: a "Let\'s argue" thread

WWII, B17, FW190 at 3 and 9 o'clock position at 600 meters. Waist gunners egage at same time, their correction for lead only. Bomber speed is 200 kts, altitude 19000 ft. Waist guns are Browning M2(RH Twist 1:16) with standard ball and APIT mix. Guns are range zeroed(static) at 600 meters.

Is Hermann scared? How about Hans? If not, what would correction factor be?
confused.gif

Have fun!
wink.gif

[ 07-12-2003: Message edited by: MAX ]

Gee guys, I didn't mean to scare y'all away?
grin.gif
Len, if you have "THE BOOK" by now don't think your cheatin by speakin up. The numbers are a bit different. Approximations are okay,"round 'bout" or "there 'bouts" acceptable too.
cool.gif

Hint: it's an aerodynamic jump question.

Max,
If they corrected for lead only then Hans and Herman are safe if I remember correctly and those gunners better get there "stuff" together. Whew, I'm still safe... I didn't cuss.
The left gunner will hit high and the right gunner will hit low due to bullet precession due to the 200knot "crosswind". I think that is the term. I don't remember the actual calculations to give you the exact numbers for lead and drift, I only try to remember concepts. Then I can go back and look up details if needed.

Steve

Yessiree Steve! Near abouts 8' high on the left side and 8' low on the right. Of course that's only a wag. I don't have my calculator handy. Reverse the twist, reverse the elevation correction. See how easy that is?
rolleyes.gif

TOO DEEP for me, I was in Military Intelligence, Im still trying to figure out OXY-MORON, is that a soap for stupid people?
wink.gif

Tom

Semper-Fi

I just gotta post on here! Alright, here goes, hope i don't get sent to the corner with Steve, unless he has any of the 'shine left! After eating chili all day,....when you flush, how fast does your **** go down the pipes? `hehe

A kid I once knew asked me if the fastest land animal running at 60-70 miles an hour would be able to out run a speeding rifle bullet if it was runnding the opposite direction. I think it could out run the bullet going about 2000 mph.
grin.gif
Shaky, I know what you mean about not finding cloths. I'm about 6-4" and I need to go everywhere to find pants that fit.

[ 07-17-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Littletoes,
You are more than welcome to come over and sip some 'shine with me in the corner. Still got some left, and there more where that came from.
But if you've been eating chili, I would say that might be a downright dangerous proposition on your part. But I've been known to "return fire" myself on occasion after eating questionable food sources mixed with alcohol.
grin.gif

... let me see I didn't cuss, but we're way off topic. But then again how can you be off topic when the original subject was never on topic to begin with???
confused.gif
oh he!!, it's time for another drink anyway. opps... here was go again!! c ya

Steve

Steve,

Remind me to give you a little recipe to make that "shine" sippin good and the women will love it also. It is so good they drink about 3 and then try to stand up in a dizzy world.

BH

heard that if you take it, drink off about a cup, then add some huckleberrys, hide it in a dark corner till Christmas, then open 'er up, she's a bang! Works with vodka too.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.