Let's talk Bipods

For hunting, get the spartan javelin. Much lighter, faster on and off. For target, atlas.

Hello, I shoot Remington model 700 Sendaro in 3 different calibers. Did not this it was possible to attach bipods that quickly. What is needed to do this as I would love to be able to do this on bench and when hunting and shooting long distance as you.
Exactly what frostop said. Total set up time takes about 15 seconds. It is fantastic.

I used a Harris bipod on all my rifles for years. In all that time I think I only made two shots from prone, usually the grass is too high. Two or three times the bipod wasn't long enough, so I ended up setting up on a log once, and on my boots another time. Not ideal. I finally switched to lightweight aluminum shooting sticks. They are never too short. Natchez even sells tripod shoooting sticks. Very stable. I rest the butt of the rifle on my knee, and can shoot almost as well as off a sandbag. That said, I'm not shooting 700 yards. I'd want to be prone for that.

Yeah, I tried shooting off of the Bog Pod in conjunction with backpack and just couldn't get comfortable and stable-definitely need to work on it! The bogpod is just to clunky with the twist lock legs-would be ok if you had alot of time!! Just feel like I need a tree or something to lean up against to get real stable. I did shoot off of the backpack prone a few times and that works well-very stable. I was just shooting a 10" steel plate at 100 yds so not optimal but it definitely felt better!

What RRS adapter is that?
Really right stuff, tripods. That item works for either pic rails or ARCA Swiss/RRS rails.

Most folks in the PRS/NRL world have switched to ARCA/RRS rails for mounting tripods and bipod. It allows you to slide fore and aft along the full eunght of the forearm of the rifle..

For hunting anymore I use an RRS Tripod or pack. Check out their products as: http://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/?is=login&login=T&n=2

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.