A thread about tired threads. Please add...

So what you are really saying is that you are still using a brick for a cell phone or a flip phone instead of that news iPhone with all the bells and whistles right! If a person is updating his hunting rifle why wouldn't he want to update to the news and best? Face it the best bullets and powders out there are being make to improve old cases but for the new. I for one love new improved product of every kind. I just retired from farming and had I took your approach i would have gone broke 20 years ago. Instead i have GPS that drives my tractor which saves me time and money without wasting Chemicals and fertilizer and seed, I run my irrigation systems from my phone and yes I buy the latest and the best iPhone that i can because it makes money in the long run. I also love product competition because it forces the other companies to improve there products and we are the winners in the end by being able to buy the best that is out there at the time, but with that said knowing that tomorrow it will be outdated. Speaking of rants I think i just went on one.
Not what I said at all. I'm saying that guys chase that newest and best stuff thinking it'll make them a better shooter when in reality they just need to hone their craft.

So what you are really saying is that you are still using a brick for a cell phone or a flip phone instead of that news iPhone with all the bells and whistles right! If a person is updating his hunting rifle why wouldn't he want to update to the news and best? Face it the best bullets and powders out there are being make to improve old cases but for the new. I for one love new improved product of every kind. I just retired from farming and had I took your approach i would have gone broke 20 years ago. Instead i have GPS that drives my tractor which saves me time and money without wasting Chemicals and fertilizer and seed, I run my irrigation systems from my phone and yes I buy the latest and the best iPhone that i can because it makes money in the long run. I also love product competition because it forces the other companies to improve there products and we are the winners in the end by being able to buy the best that is out there at the time, but with that said knowing that tomorrow it will be outdated. Speaking of rants I think i just went on one.

You sound a lot like my boss.
Have to spend money, to make money when running a ranch. A computer figures out the proper ratio to spread the fertilizer evenly, and that can easily save hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
The world has changed, and keeps changing year after year. What was top notch in the year 1950, 1975, 2000, or even 2015, maybe not be nearly as good as what is out there now in 2023.

Last edited:
Not what I said at all. I'm saying that guys chase that newest and best stuff thinking it'll make them a better shooter when in reality they just need to hone their craft.

Absolutely true, but a decent rifle, scope, ammunition, range finder, etc also helps.
I like a good mixture of modern high end gear, and lots of practice. I did a lot of reading, talking to people, and trying different rifles, before deciding to buy a 7mm prc. It may not be much better than a 7mm mag. But lets just say for the sake of argument that it's 1% better, then why not go for it instead.

There are definitely some rifles that will hold that all day long. I've seen some Tac Ops rifles hold groupings consistently that you wouldn't believe until you saw it in person.

Spoiler alert no takers...

Make the stakes high enough and no one will even try. The stakes skewed the data. That would be like me saying, do this difficult task 100% right or lose your house. Who would care enough about proving that point that they'd risk their house. It goes to show that most people here have more sense than they do money and that's a good thing. That logical fallacy of a thread proves absolutely nothing at all and to try and use it as evidence is even more concerning.

So if I take a video of a guy shooting 0.5 inch group at 100 yards for 5 shots in a row, they are going to pay us $100,000.
Who is this mysterious person, and do they have the $100,000, and ready to pay up?

Bringing this back up.
Does anyone know who the wealthy person is offering $100k per shooter that can do this?
On a calm day, good rifle and glass, this is doable.

Recent Posts