A thread about tired threads. Please add...

Carbon Ring.
- or -
This meme:
1699063020378.gif

As my Friday workday gets hectic, and I'm explaining to someone why they can't put an Allison transmission in their Toyota 4Runner, I will think back on that one and smile to myself.
A customer once talked to me about using a pick and place robot to replace a conveyor and guide that needed minor adjustment. I didn't care for the customer's attitude and knew from experience that they were cheap, so I said, "with proper tools and an unlimited budget, you can make anything work."

Okay, no one has touched this one, "I'm a resident and you non residents have fouled up my state and my hunt". Is that okay to say? Or will I get banned for stirring the pot?

This is the one that I agree with the most.
The state, stores, hotels, gas stations, restaurants, and more, all love the tourists coming.
But there is always the 1% who hate tourists, and they are pretty darn funny to listen to.

What? I thought a 6.5 PRC has more energy than a 300 win mag once it reaches 500 yards! You are hurting my feelings!

Does your taxes, trains your dog, listene to your wife, cleans the garage, does your kids homework, makes pie better than grandma, all while shooting faster flatter and more accurate than ever before... or so hornady told me so...

I gotta get me one of those!

Hey now they just released the 22 arc.. so you have multiple caliber options for cartridge Buddha... this ones does everything the 22 Grendel, 22 nosler, and 224 Valk does but the neck and shoulder geometry was handed down with the tablets 5000 years ago. It's so efficient it's helping address not only inflation but climate change as well.

Hey now they just released the 22 arc.. so you have multiple caliber options for cartridge Buddha... this ones does everything the 22 Grendel, 22 nosler, and 224 Valk does but the neck and shoulder geometry was handed down with the tablets 5000 years ago. It's so efficient it's helping address not only inflation but climate change as well.

So it's Greta approved then.

That's all anyone needs to know, burn everything else...from now on it is the only gun

So it's Greta approved then.

That's all anyone needs to know, burn everything else...from now on it is the only gun

You'd be in heaven if they made a 22 ARC lever rifle, you could sell everything else.

You will need to switch to a draft horse to bring all the game back to the cabin though 🤣

You just described the creedmoor, LOL.

I live within 15 minutes of two of the best fishing lakes in the country and can relate to the disdain for tourists or terrorists as they are called by many locals. I guess in a lot of places if you see someone catching fish it's perfectly acceptable to pull right up beside them and start fishing. We don't do that in this part of the country and don't appreciate it, if someone wants to fish my spot at least have the common decency to wait until I leave. I know it's the minority that pulls this kind of stuff, but it leaves a bad taste in the local's mouths. I don't have issue with folks coming here and fishing or hunting, just show a little respect. Most of the guys I know are willing to give tourists enough information to help them figure out what they need to do to find fish if they are shown some respect.

You just described the creedmoor, LOL.

I live within 15 minutes of two of the best fishing lakes in the country and can relate to the disdain for tourists or terrorists as they are called by many locals. I guess in a lot of places if you see someone catching fish it's perfectly acceptable to pull right up beside them and start fishing. We don't do that in this part of the country and don't appreciate it, if someone wants to fish my spot at least have the common decency to wait until I leave. I know it's the minority that pulls this kind of stuff, but it leaves a bad taste in the local's mouths. I don't have issue with folks coming here and fishing or hunting, just show a little respect. Most of the guys I know are willing to give tourists enough information to help them figure out what they need to do to find fish if they are shown some respect.
That would never even cross my mind to fish someone hole. Boy am I dumb. I just look at it, as the fish are biting. lol

Mine is basically a rant about the industry as a whole. Basically, it's any of the new trendy catridges (that may or may not even be around in 5 years) that have been popping up for the last decade where they make minuscule changes to the base cartridge, it becomes an internet sensation overnight. Meanwhile, it barely outperforms chamberings made 30 years ago from a hunting perspective where guys aren't taking shots past 500yds very often. The PRCs are the newest trend I've grown to hate. Just buy a 7mm Rem Mag or .300WM. That extra hundred or two hundred fps and slightly higher BC isn't going to make that shot easier, practice is.
So what you are really saying is that you are still using a brick for a cell phone or a flip phone instead of that news iPhone with all the bells and whistles right! If a person is updating his hunting rifle why wouldn't he want to update to the news and best? Face it the best bullets and powders out there are being make to improve old cases but for the new. I for one love new improved product of every kind. I just retired from farming and had I took your approach i would have gone broke 20 years ago. Instead i have GPS that drives my tractor which saves me time and money without wasting Chemicals and fertilizer and seed, I run my irrigation systems from my phone and yes I buy the latest and the best iPhone that i can because it makes money in the long run. I also love product competition because it forces the other companies to improve there products and we are the winners in the end by being able to buy the best that is out there at the time, but with that said knowing that tomorrow it will be outdated. Speaking of rants I think i just went on one.