880" of elk in one pic.....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Stopped by my taxidermists shop to discuss with him the details on a 300 RUM project he is having me build for him. Walked through the front door of the shop and saw this:

Danwithbothbulls.jpg

My 466" bull on the left Dan, my taxidermist in the middle and my brothers 414" on the right. He said that they would be finished by next weekend, then I will have to hire some hands to get them both safely hoisted up onto the shop wall.

Anyway, it was quite a sight to see when you walk through the door. I am sure they will have the same effect on the shop wall as well!!!

By the way, the blue tape on the tips of the main beams are for the employees at the shop. Seems they were sick of running into them. They all told me they liked working with this type of critters but they will also be happy to see them go so they get half the shop floor back!!! LOL

Just thought some would like this pic.

Will post more then they are finished.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby

Very nice and I like the pose of both Elk.

And yes they will look good on the wall !!!!!

Thanks for sharing
J E CUSTOM

****, that just makes me sick. I'm gonna have to take my little 6x6 down off the wall and throw him in the garbage now after seeing those two together.;);)

They looked great in the field pictures and I was wondering what they would look like mounted. They will be AWESOME;);)

Congrats again to you and Korey.....fantastic bulls that you can really be proud of. And, it's a good thing your shop is as big as it is.:)

That sux, I mean really really sux:mad:

hell no I'm not jealous. Envy isn't even in my vocab.:mad:

I think I'll just go sit in the closet and eat worms.:(

Wow!

Those will definitely stop the crowd.;)

this is coming from a OK kid who has only seen one bull elk in his life but still im pretty sure what big really is, I am sooooooooooo sorry you gotta have buddies help you cart that sucker into your shop, must be one hell of a problem lol :D:D God forbid you have to suffer all of that!!!!

awesome animals buddy, should look great on the shop wall, pretty soon you got another deer species to join him!!!! i got a pic of your bull up on our trophy wall at the shop and you should see how many people ask us about it. ready to see the finished product!!!

steve

Kirby , I've long suspected that you have a

MEAN streak behind all those smiles . Now I'm convinced !!

Seriously , what the heck does a set of antlers that size weigh ? Thanks for the pix , like to see them when finished .

Jim B.

Better reinforce the shop wall. You will need a flat bed and a crane to get that big boy on the wall. Nice pic.

Great photo

Thanks for posting the picture. I guess that's the only way I'm going to see a big elk.

Mike Alford

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.