880" of elk in one pic.....

Wow, Great looking Elk heads. I just wanted to say that I have chased Elk in the high Cascade mountains of Oregon for years. I now have come to a point in my life where things have changed. I got hurt last year and can't hardly walk let along climb a mountain. If I had the money to pay to hunt on a ranch I would do it in a minute as long as it could give me a hunt that I could do. I don't care if they drive me to a blind and drop me off in an area that is a sure kill area. It least I get to hunt and when you are disabled it makes you feel like your a little closer to being normal. I'm all for high fence hunting. I know they are not just caged, you have to hunt for them. The ranchs are big and the guides know where the Elk are. I dont see the difference in that and someone that hires and outfitter and guide, they know where the Elk are even though they aren't fenced, your pretty much going get an Elk on one of those hunts as well. I don't think anyone should knock HF hunting unless they have done it, because if they haven't done it they really can't have an opinion. Heresay doesn't count you have to have done it before you can have anything negitive to say about it. I think you can make a hunt as easy or as hard as you want it. It's a personal choice. Again Great Trophies and you should be very proud of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.