7SAUM Build - who would you call first?

Nice! I'm also building a 7 SAUM on the AntiX with a 22" Proof (thought not with Dallas). Excited to see your rifle come together and hear what you end up using for your hunting loads.

Who is building yours? I am pretty hell bent on running the 162 ELDX in mine, I have seen that bullet out of a 280AI kill deer, antelope, caribou, and elk and its done great. I also have 10 or more animals with the 6.5 143g and the 200g 30 cal. Have just had really good experiences with the ELDX.

Who is building yours? I am pretty hell bent on running the 162 ELDX in mine, I have seen that bullet out of a 280AI kill deer, antelope, caribou, and elk and its done great. I also have 10 or more animals with the 6.5 143g and the 200g 30 cal. Have just had really good experiences with the ELDX.

I am working with Gunware on this one. I've used the 178 ELD-X on caribou and deer, but still have some reservations about it...especially on elk. Been using Hammers more and more recently, so they are at the top of the list for this build as well.

I think I have my heart set on a new build that will be a purposely built backcountry backpack gun to cover me from high country Deer & Elk to sheep & goats.

I have reached out to two reputable gun builders and both pushed me almost immediately to the 7WSM over the SAUM and a medium length action. I am pretty set on a short action with the build components below to run 168-175gr bullets in the SAUM. It seems that both builders have not had great luck with the SAUM and it turned out to be pretty finicky. Who is the 7SAUM expert builder out there? I do not want a bunch of trouble with this gun because I was married to the chambering and short action, but didnt listen to the experts...

Here is what I am thinking.

Lone Peak Fusion titanium or Defiance Anti-X in the short action foot print
22" Proof, Carbon 6, or Bartlien carbon barrel (will run suppressed a lot of the time)
XLR Element 3.0 magnesium in SA with folder & carbon components
175gr ELDX or the 175 Berger Elite hunter

Who would be on your speed dial to do the build?
i had benchmark build me a 28 nosler, i think they are unsurpassed in their ability to build a custom gun. i ran 195 bergers my first year and killed about 15 head of game from dear, pig up to kudu, eland. switched to the 143 hammer hunter after meeting steve and brien of hammer bullets. this year in africa i killed blesbok at 525, blue wildabeast at 780, zebra at 1046, ted lechwe at 360. these bullets just flat out kill reliably, even at over 1000 yds. start at 3550 in my gun, still doing about 2200 fps at over 1000. very accurate! i am very impressed. if you have not shot hammers then you have no reason to comment on them, and this comes from a confirmed barnes shooter.

Dallas Lane👍 Iv had 2 built about three years ago. Awesome looking shoot 1/2 or less even with factory ammo. Both in 6.5 Prc

Got one in the works now with him. Like you a light weight hunting rifle. He suggested the 7 Saum but 99% of my hunting will be deer and I have 6.5 Prc ammo so went with that. List of what we're doing

HCA SUMMIT LIGHT 22 in. 1-8 twist
Defiance Ultralight XM Action. Wanted a 3 position safety so couldn't do the Anti X
Manners UC Plus Carbon Fiber Flush Cups and Rail
Trigger Tech Special PVD

Great Guy to explain any questions you might have.

And trust me I have questions!!! I don't want to come across like I know all about building a custom rifle. I don't. Just humbled to be able to finally have a couple built after 62 yrs l