Who would you have rebarrel your gun ?

Lots of good recommendations although I've never personally felt with them.

I've had 6 mod 700 or custom 700 clones built and barrels installed on 2 savages. All shot incredibly well, turn time and service has been nothing short of excellent.
Work was done by Alamo Precision Rifles of Hurst Texas.

Well The Workshop in St. Albans Maine would be my choice if I couldn't do it for some reason, but I prefer to do my own barrel work so I don't have to drive far I guess. I do all my own gun work except for lathe, crown, and chambering work, the Workshop handles that and gives me a place to buy and hang out. Dave

How did the phone call go with LRI? For inexpensive, another thing you could do is look for a factory "take off" barrel in 300WM. Any good smith can blueprint and set it up for you. Look on Ebay or Gunbroker. Good luck to you.

Did not call
I have a Rock Creek cut rifled 30 cal barrel, 1:10 twist, in Rem Mag contour if that interests you. Win 70 Featherweight barrels in magnum chamberings have a magnum contour, not a Featherweight contour, so the Rem Mag contour should be close.
I would like some pics. that contour sounds about right. How much do you want for it?

If you don't mind shipping it, give Lee Gardner a call. He did a chamber and fit job for me a while back. Fairly inexpensive, fast turnaround, excellent work. Lee's number: 217-246-0787

Jack Leather at LeatherBuilt Rifles 2105681986, near San Antonio. He has birthed 7 actions for me from 22-250Imp-338NM. All sub I/2 MOA shooters. Reasonable turn-around also.

I live near Spokane wa and moved up here a year or so ago.
I had a smith in Southern Idaho(Boise area) that did work for me for years but he has since passed and he did good work. I was hoping to find something like that up here but have not yet found that.
I don't need Cheap just not going to put 1k into an $800 gun. I guess I should have elaborated a bit better in the original post.
As I am looking it seems all the prices are close to the same, now to find the barrel.

With McGowen, you're looking at ...

$245 - chamber, crown, contour, thread, install, etc, not sure if it includes squaring the action (I hope so).
$295-$325 - the cost of a barrel
$65 - muzzle thread

These are very reasonable prices and you'll always get varying recommendations and shared experiences. I do not have hands-on experience with their barrels/services but I have considered them at one time as well. I also know others that are very pleased with them.

Since you're venturing into Montana anyway, another option is to contact the resident MT gunsmiths here @bigngreen or @Alex Wheeler and see what they can do for you.

You have plenty of options. Good luck!

Ed

I highly recommend Adam Bentley, owner of The Dresden Gun Company. He's half way across the states from you in Ohio, but his work is worth it. I don't trust many guys to do gun work for me but he has my business. He hasn't gotten super popular yet, but I'd put his work up against anyone's. The way he sets up and indicates his barrels before threading and chambering and the quality he puts out is the best.
Curious on how long it took your gun to be built by TDGC?

Curious on how long it took your gun to be built by TDGC?
I didn't have him build the gun. He just installed a barrel for me and installed a brake as well. I think it was like 5-6 weeks turnaround. This was about a year ago, so his lead times probably are a little different now.