7PRC loads & velocities

What sort of loads and velocities are you guys seeing with the 7 PRC? I'm sort of toying with the idea of replacing my 300 WM with the 7 PRC but what wondering what is real world experience with different bullets out there. How hard can you push Hammers in the 140-150 grain and bullets like the Accubond and Hornady SST in the 150 grain? Just curious if you see much difference in the 7 prc compared to the 300wm with bullets in this weight.

Hornady says their 7prc ammo can push 3000fps in the 175 grain eldx but from what I've heard the factory ammo isn't reallly close to that
I'm getting 3200 fps with the hornady interbonds and h1000

7mm prc is just something new to sell more guns and components . It is no advantage over many existing calibers, but fads sell guns for the firearms companies. So, I guess it does stimulate the gun industry somewhat. The old 7mm Rem mag, saum, and wsm still work fine, but got boring. Personally , I like boring.
I agree to a point... Except when it comes to cartridge design. The PRC lines have room for heavies in the magazine box and can be loaded for maximum performance without stuffing excessive amounts of bullet into the case. You won't accomplish that with a production 7Rem Mag.

I've spent extra money doing that to conventional chamberings to maximize performance. The PRC lines take advantage of this and it's available to the masses, with production rifles and with factory ammo.

There is still no replacement for powder capacity. If the 7mm Rem Mag was built with a throated chamber for heavies, a Wyatt's box, and a 7.5 twist barrel, it will smoke a 7PRC on powder capacity alone. Recoil will reflect that performance gain as well.

I agree to a point... Except when it comes to cartridge design. The PRC lines have room for heavies in the magazine box and can be loaded for maximum performance without stuffing excessive amounts of bullet into the case. You won't accomplish that with a production 7Rem Mag.

I've spent extra money doing that to conventional chamberings to maximize performance. The PRC lines take advantage of this and it's available to the masses, with production rifles and with factory ammo.

There is still no replacement for powder capacity. If the 7mm Rem Mag was built with a throated chamber for heavies, a Wyatt's box, and a 7.5 twist barrel, it will smoke a 7PRC on powder capacity alone. Recoil will reflect that performance gain as well.
I agree. I like the 7.prc and as a parent case. Like the creed, the 7prc case can and will be used from 6.mm to 33.
And someone will do a 22 and a 37.

Hoping this info helps a few people.
Im shooting a Savage Ultralight Camo in 7prc with a 22" proof barrel. I have a Vortex PST 5x25 FFP for glass. Other than bedding the stock and lightening the trigger down to 2lbs the rifle is factory stock. This is intended to be my new elk rifle.
I started using Hornady brass and lost 3 pieces after two firings due to primer pockets stretching. Started shooting Peterson brass. After a couple firings the brass is still great as expected. (I use the ballistic tools swage gauges to find bad primer pockets). I didnt notice any other performance gains or losses using either the hornady or peterson brass. Hands down the Peterson is better quality but time will tell how long it lasts.

Ive tried a mix of H4831sc, RE22, H1000, and StaballHD. Different powder charges, seating depths, etc etc.. What I found for my rifle is the H4831sc and H1000 appeared to group the best. Ive only reloaded for the 175gr Hornady ELD-X, 175gr NosABLR, and 168gr NosABLR bullets.

**According to most resources all of my recipes are over charged. I loaded beyond these charge weights to find pressure in my rifle, best you do the same and work up from a much lower starting point.

175gr ELD-x, 66.6grs H4831sc, .060" jump, CCI250 LargeMag primers, 2940fps. This results in a100yd 1/4" - .3" group sizes.
175gr NosABLR, 68.5grs H1000, .050" jump, CCI250 LargeMag primers, 2850fps. Under 1/2" at 100yds
168gr NosABLR, 67gr H4831sc, .075" jump, CCI250 LargeMag primers, 2944fps. Under 1/2" at 100yds

Attachments

• 175horELDXH4831sc.jpg
    175horELDXH4831sc.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 175NosABLRh1000.jpg
    175NosABLRh1000.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 36
Hoping this info helps a few people.
Im shooting a Savage Ultralight Camo in 7prc with a 22" proof barrel. I have a Vortex PST 5x25 FFP for glass. Other than bedding the stock and lightening the trigger down to 2lbs the rifle is factory stock. This is intended to be my new elk rifle.
I started using Hornady brass and lost 3 pieces after two firings due to primer pockets stretching. Started shooting Peterson brass. After a couple firings the brass is still great as expected. (I use the ballistic tools swage gauges to find bad primer pockets). I didnt notice any other performance gains or losses using either the hornady or peterson brass. Hands down the Peterson is better quality but time will tell how long it lasts.

Ive tried a mix of H4831sc, RE22, H1000, and StaballHD. Different powder charges, seating depths, etc etc.. What I found for my rifle is the H4831sc and H1000 appeared to group the best. Ive only reloaded for the 175gr Hornady ELD-X, 175gr NosABLR, and 168gr NosABLR bullets.

**According to most resources all of my recipes are over charged. I loaded beyond these charge weights to find pressure in my rifle, best you do the same and work up from a much lower starting point.

175gr ELD-x, 66.6grs H4831sc, .060" jump, CCI250 LargeMag primers, 2940fps. This results in a100yd 1/4" - .3" group sizes.
175gr NosABLR, 68.5grs H1000, .050" jump, CCI250 LargeMag primers, 2850fps. Under 1/2" at 100yds
168gr NosABLR, 67gr H4831sc, .075" jump, CCI250 LargeMag primers, 2944fps. Under 1/2" at 100yds
Thanks for the data. It is most helpful.
What is your round count on your barrel to get this information?