7PRC loads & velocities

Be Fore warned, that N560 is some really, really hot burning powder, so is N550, I learned the hard way. Of course, if you like to replace $800-$900 barrels, the Heat Index of the powder is no issue. I sacrifice 100 fps and go with N160,165 and H1000 on the opposite end of the Heat Index chart!

Best wishes!

Be careful with Hornady Brass. I did pressure test and the next reloading I blowed 2 primers on 3gr. reduced.
Waiting on ADG or Peterson before I proceed.

7mm prc is just something new to sell more guns and components . It is no advantage over many existing calibers, but fads sell guns for the firearms companies. So, I guess it does stimulate the gun industry somewhat. The old 7mm Rem mag, saum, and wsm still work fine, but got boring. Personally , I like boring.

Is that with the 175 grain?
It's been awhile since I've been on so here's a late answer, yes it was. I'm shooting 180 eldm now at about the same 2890 average but now suppressed. I had to re-zero but all of my data was the same from the eldx so I was able to run through 200-1000 yards and hit steel the first shot on each target.

I usually avoid anything brand new but I couldn't help myself. If you already have a custom 7 something with faster twist there isn't much to be gained with the PRC but guys wanting/needing a factory setup, running 180s is pretty unbeatable. Granted mine is a diy custom… 4 shot group- 180eldm, adg brass and a conservative charge of h1000 at 2830fps

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpeg
    IMG_2416.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I usually avoid anything brand new but I couldn't help myself. If you already have a custom 7 something with faster twist there isn't much to be gained with the PRC but guys wanting/needing a factory setup, running 180s is pretty unbeatable. Granted mine is a diy custom… 4 shot group- 180eldm, adg brass and a conservative charge of h1000 at 2830fps
That's my recipe running @2850 out of a 22".

Noice!

Anybody stoked a 7 prc with h1000 and a 180gr?
Helped my GS work up a 7 Max load that was 3050 with that same combo a few years ago. Max has what, 4 grs less capacity?
180 Bergers, 68.5 H1000 (Hornady and ADG brass- had to drop to 68 gr with Peterson brass) - 24" proof and I'm happy with the 2960 fps, though with the Peterson brass I'm getting 2945 fps but I'm getting a .3" (with either load) when I do my part.