7prc > 7rm ??

That's common regurgitated misinformation. They are using the same powders that you and I can buy off the shelf.

The first lots of ammo produced by Hornady that we received as part of the development team was loaded with Alliant Reloader 26 and it met the speeds quoted on the box. It shot well also. Hornady sent us the load data with the ammo, brass, reamers, and gauges long before the cartridge was released to the public. I was shooting/hunting with one before I was ever allowed to speak about it.

Look guys, Hornady is feeling the crunch with powder and primers just like the rest of us. They can't get what isn't there. When the 7 PRC was originally developed, it was done with a powder that is in limited supply. Probably not the best idea, but here we are.

Hundreds of thousands of ammo boxes and labels were printed before some unfortunate supply shortages took place.
I know someone that works for Remington's ammo plant. This individual stole me nearly 2 years ago since Vista bought Alliant, they use a lot of the Reloader powders in their factory ammo. He also told me at the time (summer 2022), even they were having a hard time getting powders. I have no reason to doubt him either.

I know someone that works for Remington's ammo plant. This individual stole me nearly 2 years ago since Vista bought Alliant, they use a lot of the Reloader powders in their factory ammo. He also told me at the time (summer 2022), even they were having a hard time getting powders. I have no reason to doubt him either.
Told not stole.

That's common regurgitated misinformation. They are using the same powders that you and I can buy off the shelf.

The first lots of ammo produced by Hornady that we received as part of the development team was loaded with Alliant Reloader 26 and it met the speeds quoted on the box. It shot well also. Hornady sent us the load data with the ammo, brass, reamers, and gauges long before the cartridge was released to the public. I was shooting/hunting with one before I was ever allowed to speak about

The first lots of ammo produced by Hornady that we received as part of the development team was loaded with Alliant Reloader 26 and it met the speeds quoted on the box. It shot well also. Hornady sent us the load data with the ammo, brass, reamers, and gauges long before the cartridge was released to the public. I was shooting/hunting with one before I was ever allowed to speak about it.

Look guys, Hornady is feeling the crunch with powder and primers just like the rest of us. They can't get what isn't there. When the 7 PRC was originally developed, it was done with a powder that is in limited supply. Probably not the best idea, but here we are.

Hundreds of thousands of ammo boxes and labels were printed before some unfortunate supply shortages took place.
not always. In the creedmore Dennis asked them to use a common powder which was H4350 and they put the load in the box. They no longer do because they are not using a canister powder. I'm sure when they are doing development on a new round they will use common powders because they dont want to buy in bulk. Once they develop a load it's common to get a bulk powder with similar burn rates.

Most reloaders in this forum will fret over any change and with good reason. The same powder label with a different lot # will send us to the range to collect the new data. Factory ammo really does not have place in true long range shooting. It is fine for the casual hunter that thinks 100 yards is long shot.

Amen! If didn't have a rifle. If you didn't want to pay for a custom rifle, the 7mm PRC would be just the ticket. Travis with RBros rifles told me he is just going to keep building the 7mmRM. He feels like if you set the lands forward to accommodate the longer, high BC bullets, give it a 1 in 8 twist, he could eek a little more even. Plus, if you were out of the country or something, the availability of 7mm RM might save your expensive hunt.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If you are happy with the 7mm, stick with it. I like my belted mags, but I have never been a fan of the mag belts. Too many variables when reloaded. If you set your die to headspace off the belt, you run the risk of setting the shoulder back every time you resize and can lead to easily case head separations. So I always set my dies so that chamber with minimal bolt resistance. and carefully watch for case stretch and trim when necessary. If you rebarrel, you can choose any rifling twist you want. I love my 7mm STW, but I would probably go with a 7 PRC or a 28 Nosler just to get rid of that darn pelt. My current build is a 7 SAUM on a Solus action. Already have a 6.5 RM so I don't need the 6.5 PRC. I won't use it on elk and the 120 gr spitzer is deadly on deer. If I ever need to rebarrel it, i'll probably build a 6.5 PRC

7 rem mag is best by far .I own both and reload for both it beats the prc all the way around. Especially with factory ammo
How does one beat the other with factory ammo? Honest question.

Factory Ammo for 7 Rem Mag isn't shooting the same bullets (same weight and design) as 7 PRC other than one option. Please inform if there are others you're aware of.

Federal Premium 155 Terminal Ascent
7 Rem Mag per box 3000 FPS
7 PRC per box 3100 FPS

Hornady doesn't load the same weight ELD-X in the two. I realize the issue with Hornady factory ammo not always meeting advertised velocities. I'd challenge that by asking if 7 Rem mag ammo does?

7 Rem Mag 162 ELD-X advertised 2975 FPS
7 PRC 175 ELD-X advertised 3000 FPS

So again, how does the 7 Rem Mag beat the 7 PRC "especially with factory ammo"? They're shooting two different weight class projectiles in basically all but one offering.

Arguing the reloading side would be foolish. Of course you can reload a 7 Rem Mag to outperform a 7 PRC. Not everybody reloads for multiple reasons.

Just to note, I own (1) 7 Rem Mag and (0) 7 PRC.

ETA: I found a Remington offering if a 175 Speer Impact in their Premier Long Range lineup.
Per Remington Website:
7 Rem Mag velocity 2860 FPS
7 PRC velocity 3000 FPS

How does one beat the other with factory ammo? Honest question.

Factory Ammo for 7 Rem Mag isn't shooting the same bullets (same weight and design) as 7 PRC other than one option. Please inform if there are others you're aware of.

Federal Premium 155 Terminal Ascent
7 Rem Mag per box 3000 FPS
7 PRC per box 3100 FPS

Hornady doesn't load the same weight ELD-X in the two. I realize the issue with Hornady factory ammo not always meeting advertised velocities. I'd challenge that by asking if 7 Rem mag ammo does?

7 Rem Mag 162 ELD-X advertised 2975 FPS
7 PRC 175 ELD-X advertised 3000 FPS

So again, how does the 7 Rem Mag beat the 7 PRC "especially with factory ammo"? They're shooting two different weight class projectiles in basically all but one offering.

Arguing the reloading side would be foolish. Of course you can reload a 7 Rem Mag to outperform a 7 PRC. Not everybody reloads for multiple reasons.

Just to note, I own (1) 7 Rem Mag and (0) 7 PI
I don't want to speak for this person, but I imagine they mean "the amount of factory ammo options for the 7RM beats the PRC. That's where my mind went first anyway.