7prc factory ammo

yachciksc

175 gr factory ammo from hornaday. Switched primers from one lot to the next lot. Found a consistent 25 fps difference. Would the primer do that?

Attachments

• IMG_8764.jpeg
    IMG_8764.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 45
Could be the primer or maybe the powder. If they change lots or type in their factory ammo. I've seen in my reloads a change like that from one lot to another of the same powder.

Could be the primer or maybe the powder. If they change lots or type in their factory ammo. I've seen in my reloads a change like that from one lot to another of the same powder.
I can't recall where I saw it, but different lots of the 7 PRC ammo had different types of powder as well when the bullets were pulled, so it's very possible it's different powders as well.

Are you determining they used different primers due to the cup color? No one knows what primers they use. Easily based on volume could order the same primer with a different color. To the question..... for me 25fps is a non thought, and you could easily see 25fps difference in every box out of the same case of 50 boxes.

Are you determining they used different primers due to the cup color? No one knows what primers they use. Easily based on volume could order the same primer with a different color. To the question..... for me 25fps is a non thought, and you could easily see 25fps difference in every box out of the same case of 50 boxes.
I beg to differ , when I did have the garbage hornady ammo in 175PH I pulled the primers and they were Fed 215. You can tell the difference. 215 are purple and the 210s are red ish.
Each brand of primer has a distinct look and characteristic on the inside.