7mm STW Reloading Thread

My Sendero SF 7mmSTW loves that 71gr 7828 SSC with the 180 Hybrid load I have. It shoots 5 under 1/2" @ 100. It's a great load, but I want a little more speed. Gonna see if I can retain my accuracy while bumping up the velocity...But we'll see how that turns out.

Because EVERY rifle is different. It doesn't matter if they rolled off the assembly line one after the other...Both will shoot different and most likely prefer different loads. Every now and then you get 2 that will shoot the same loads.

Sorry.... not the case in this set of conditions. I have pet loads for MANY cartridges.
Go blow smoke somewhere else.

Each rifle is of it's own law.... yes. Some cartridges "turn on" under a certain set of conditions. You chuckle heads make it seem like rocket science. It's not. If it's as difficult as some of you make it out to be, factory ammo would blow up 90% of the weapons it touches.... get real.

These are pressure engines.... that's all a firearm is. It will perform a certain way under a certain pressure level and harmonic level.... It's as simple as that.

As far as the STW in SPS goes--- I need to bring that and my #1 in 300H&H out this weekend and chrony the weapons.. and get a few rounds downrange.
Still need to get a few 375 H&Hs fireformed to stw as well...

Looks to be the way she's running I'll have one hell of a truck gun...hehegun)

My Sendero SF 7mmSTW loves that 71gr 7828 SSC with the 180 Hybrid load I have. It shoots 5 under 1/2" @ 100. It's a great load, but I want a little more speed. Gonna see if I can retain my accuracy while bumping up the velocity...But we'll see how that turns out.

I've seen you post this about the 180's before, but I can't remember if you use those for hunting or just targets. The 180 hybrid that I see listed is a target bullet.

I've seen you post this about the 180's before, but I can't remember if you use those for hunting or just targets. The 180 hybrid that I see listed is a target bullet.

I haven't tried the Hybrids for hunting yet. The load itself is interchangeable with 180 VLD's, but the seating depth might need adjusting.

I haven't tried the Hybrids for hunting yet. The load itself is interchangeable with 180 VLD's, but the seating depth might need adjusting.

I was interested in the hybrid. I tried the 168 vld in my sendero with RL25 and wasn't impressed with what I seen. I thought maybe due to the seating depth I need to use to have a repeater that the hybrid design would be better. My gun shoots nosler bt's very good. Just using the powders I have on hand , I have some 7828. I could try that with the 168's. I hate putting too many rounds down the tube as the gun was used when I got it. Just can't help playing around.

really guys, come on all I ask for was load data. five replys and none of them make any sense. the o/p wasn't even high jacked correctly. this is all you have to offer? keep it I will look else where.

Rem 700 blue printed
Shillen 26" slightly larger than sendero taper
Pg&t one peice spiral fluted bolt
Custom painted, bedded, hs prec stock
Jewel trigger
22x nightforce nxs, badger ring and bases

140gr ballistic tip or accubond
75 gr rl 22
Fed 215s
Winchester, nosler brass
3380fps
Oal, to long to fit mag. Need to do a Wyatt

Gun will shoot .2-.3 in good conditions.

Rem 700 blue printed
Jewel trigger

75 gr rl 22
Fed 215s
Winchester, nosler brass
3380fps

Rem 700 blue printed
Jewel trigger

75 gr rl 22
Fed 215s
Winchester, nosler brass
3380fps

I am surprised you are getting that speed with that charge of rl22 in a 26" bbl. with the 140 nos. We've usually had to go to the 78 grain range of rl22 to clear the 3350 mark on a 140...

The nos pills are not usually depth critical; you may well find you can get them down to 3.650" and in your mag. with the same accuracy as the longer seating depth. You may have to bump your charge a grain or three though; my bet is you are on the lands pushing the pressure a bit.

My 27" (8"twist) Shilen barreled m700 takes 82 grains of rl25 to get to mid 3300's with a 140 nos bt.
I think my rifle will be very interesting with a 180 hybrid going down the pipe. Not holding my breath for the 195 though; if it shows I'll play. If not, the rifle shoots fine with pills in the 140-180 grain range.

You don't have to hold your breath. They started advertising them a week ago on Extreme Outer Limits TV, 195 grain 7mm Berger and 170 grain .277 Berger. Not sure when they'll be in stock, but they are coming. Highly doubt anybody would waste money advertising them if their arrival was not imminent.

I am surprised you are getting that speed with that charge of rl22 in a 26" bbl. with the 140 nos. We've usually had to go to the 78 grain range of rl22 to clear the 3350 mark on a 140...

The nos pills are not usually depth critical; you may well find you can get them down to 3.650" and in your mag. with the same accuracy as the longer seating depth. You may have to bump your charge a grain or three though; my bet is you are on the lands pushing the pressure a bit.

My 27" (8"twist) Shilen barreled m700 takes 82 grains of rl25 to get to mid 3300's with a 140 nos bt.
I think my rifle will be very interesting with a 180 hybrid going down the pipe. Not holding my breath for the 195 though; if it shows I'll play. If not, the rifle shoots fine with pills in the 140-180 grain range.

I tried seating them deeper to fit mag and groups opened up. I'm .010 off my jam length, so yes I'm right at the lands. I wouldn't add any powder to this load with the seating depth I use that's for shure.

The 3380 was through a buddies chrono. I used 3350 for my bullet drop data and it's right on the money.