7mm STW Reloading Thread

Went out last Saturday to dbl check drops and scope level. I've had a problem with shots moving to the right as I moved out. Re leveled the scope a different way and shot a few at 200, then 2 at 400 then dialed to 600 and shot 2 more.

Once again, thanks for the load help Bean.

My 600 yard check..

600%20yards_zpsifyvlwvo.jpg
Your welcome ...... Glad to be of service, And that's some awesome Trigger work

Dang Bob - looks like your stick is dialed in and that's fine trigger work!! Now just need to put a big buck behind those cross-hairs!

Went out last Saturday to dbl check drops and scope level. I've had a problem with shots moving to the right as I moved out. Re leveled the scope a different way and shot a few at 200, then 2 at 400 then dialed to 600 and shot 2 more.

Once again, thanks for the load help Bean.

My 600 yard check..

600%20yards_zpsifyvlwvo.jpg

Worked up loads for my brother's Sako, so I don't have the load book with me for OAL, but it's set for 25 thousandths of the lands. 140 grain TTSX, RP brass, CCI250, and 83.5 gr. H1000. This load shot a best group of 13/16th at 300 Meters at the Havre range. Chrono says 3385 at 15'

Is there any data out there yet for the 195 Berger in 7mm for the 7stw??

I have some 195 data for another bullet, and I'm not afraid to work up a load from a zero data perspective, but data would be the easy way.

Is there any data out there yet for the 195 Berger in 7mm for the 7stw??

I have some 195 data for another bullet, and I'm not afraid to work up a load from a zero data perspective, but data would be the easy way.

Not that I know of... I did talk to one of the guys that has shot a ton of these during development for Berger and he said it's a big jump from the 180's up to the 195. Much more than you would normally extrapolate. Apparently they lose far more velocity than you would expect or hope. He told me about 250 fps drop off in a 7 mag, and 150 fps in 7 RUM.

Based on that info all I can say is start low because it sounds like they build/cause unusually high pressure due to the bearing length of the bullet.

Not that I know of... I did talk to one of the guys that has shot a ton of these during development for Berger and he said it's a big jump from the 180's up to the 195. Much more than you would normally extrapolate. Apparently they lose far more velocity than you would expect or hope. He told me about 250 fps drop off in a 7 mag, and 150 fps in 7 RUM.

Based on that info all I can say is start low because it sounds like they build/cause unusually high pressure due to the bearing length of the bullet.

I thought they may be a bit easy on the powder and high drag. I have some 7stw data from the old Barnes 195, but it is a fb bullet and the data doesn't include some of the better powders currently available. I guess it is a place to start.

Got my Berger 195's in the mail today! looks like I'll be loading some up tonight or tomorrow. I wish I had a good starting point..... I guess I'll back off my current load of N570 that I'm using for the 180's and start there. Any help would be appreciated.

Got my Berger 195's in the mail today! looks like I'll be loading some up tonight or tomorrow. I wish I had a good starting point..... I guess I'll back off my current load of N570 that I'm using for the 180's and start there. Any help would be appreciated.

Add or remove 1 grain of powder for every 10 grains of bullet weight added or removed.

Recent Posts