7mm STW Reloading Thread

80 grains

thank you for the welcome. Did shoot the last couple of days, did eke out a .910 group with the bullet against the lands, but way to long for a hunting load. This barrel only has 25 rounds through it, So far I am apprehensive, about what it is showing me. The rifle was re- barreled because it was inconsistent. I am still hoping for more.

I bought an stw sendero that came with some handloads that are really up in the lands. Ive alwa preferred a little room but not much. This one has a chamber that's almost a quarter inch longer than the magazine, so all i can do is go 3.60 on my loads unless I'm single shooting.

Hang in there tho! That barrel isn't broke in yet.

I bought an stw sendero that came with some handloads that are really up in the lands. Ive alwa preferred a little room but not much. This one has a chamber that's almost a quarter inch longer than the magazine, so all i can do is go 3.60 on my loads unless I'm single shooting.

Hang in there tho! That barrel isn't broke in yet.
This will help aid the having to load shorter so the magazine will allow you to be able to run it as a repeater.

Wyatt's Outdoors Center Feed Extended Mag Box Follower Remington 700

However, the only downside is that you have to have a gunsmith install it, b/c they have to open up (length-wise) the inlet on the bottom of the action, to allow you to be run them at your max preferred COL.

I am debating on havin this done, and wondering if it will decrease the value of my Sendero SF by having it done? Not that I ever plan on selling it...Just don't want to turn a $1,600+ rifle into a $1,000 rifle, you know? However, being able to run my STW 180 Berger loads as a repeater would be nice! It preferes them right up on the lands.

mudrunner
I am debating on havin this done, and wondering if it will decrease the value of my Sendero SF by having it done? Not that I ever plan on selling it...Just don't want to turn a $1,600+ rifle into a $1,000 rifle, you know?

I am with 80, if you sell that rifle, it will be to someone who reloads. I would rather be in your shoes however. I have a $300 rifle that I have spent $1700 on.

Oh, I bought mine back in 2002-2003 brand new. I got a smokin deal on it, b/c I worked for the outdoors store when I ordered it. Got it for dealer cost. So, I have around $700 in a $1,600+ rifle on the used market...Not including glass. It'll never get sold. :D

Does anyone know if you can do tat to a ruger 77mk ll. and do any of you live any where close to western kansas
Sorry, the ruger 77 can't take cal's as long as the 7stw. It can take on the 7x300 win though, and I'd go there if you want better than 7mag performance in a standard length action like the 77. Custom dies but easy to find brass.

Sorry, the ruger 77 can't take cal's as long as the 7stw. It can take on the 7x300 win though, and I'd go there if you want better than 7mag performance in a standard length action like the 77. Custom dies but easy to find brass.

Lefty, I've been curious about that cartridge, and I know where there is one at too! It has a Lilja barrel, and 27.5 long. Remington action, McMillan comp stock. HMmmm!

Lefty, I've been curious about that cartridge, and I know where there is one at too! It has a Lilja barrel, and 27.5 long. Remington action, McMillan comp stock. HMmmm!
It should be within 100 fps low of an stw, just as the 7rum isn't that much of a step up from the 7stw. There was a guy shooting a custom in 7x300 last summer at my local range and it was shooting really well. I love the 7stw, but this one has the speed AND easy brass availability. If the brass thing gets much worse I'll have to hide the stw for hunting and build something like this.

just got a 7stw in ruger #1. starting to reload for it,140 ttsx, h1000 84 grns, will chrono and go from there. barnes gives col anywhere from 3.560-3.600. using a dummy round to get contact ( bullet to rifiling) i get a col of 3.810. i reload for my rem 700 and have always seated the bullet just off the rifiling however , the reload data col and my rem 700 col have not been .200 different. anyone reload for the #1 use reload data col or do you seat just off the rifiling? thanks

just got a 7stw in ruger #1. starting to reload for it,140 ttsx, h1000 84 grns, will chrono and go from there. barnes gives col anywhere from 3.560-3.600. using a dummy round to get contact ( bullet to rifiling) i get a col of 3.810. i reload for my rem 700 and have always seated the bullet just off the rifiling however , the reload data col and my rem 700 col have not been .200 different. anyone reload for the #1 use reload data col or do you seat just off the rifiling? thanks
Most STW's like bullet jump and loading an STW in or close to the lands is really Iffy in my book as in pressure spikes I would hold back about 10 if it were me