7mm STW Reloading Thread

Yeah, that would **** me off!!!

But ,I think I got connection for primers.I found a guy that lives in the Roanoke, Va area and he has some down there.I can get him to bring them up when he comes this way.No haz-mat.:)

Here is a few loads I used in my Sako 75, 26" Barrel 1-9.5 twist.

Nosler Brass
CCI 250 LR Mag Primers

160gr Nosler Accubond
83gr H1000
OAL 3.660"
Average Velocity 3180 fps - SD 15

168gr Berger VLD
83gr H1000
OAL 3.678"
Average Velocity 3176 - SD 11

145gr Barnes LRX
86gr H1000
OAL 3.676"
Average Velocity 3354 fps - didn't record SD on this load.

Shouldn't need to say it again, but here it is. Do Not start at These Loads. Work Up Safely.

Remington Model 700 Classic
24" SS Factory Barrel (recambered from 7mm Mag to STW)
Bushnell Elite 650 DOA 3-9x50mm
140gr C.T. Ballistic Silvertips
81grs. IMR 7828
215 Federal Large Magnum
3.662 COL
FPS unknown

3 shot group at 100 yards is one hole!
Best 500 yard 3 shot group is 2.7/8"
gun)

I do enjoy shooting paper with the STW, but my lord do I love to see and hear contact on flesh. Thanks for the info on the Butches Bore shine, I will definitely give it a try.

Has anybody used the Combined technology bullets on bigger framed animals?? I have used them for Coues whitetail and some 200# Mule deer with great success, but have not shot any elk sized game with them.

Anybody have any feedback to share?

I am currently shooting a Remington 700 SPS 7mm STW, 26" barrel all stock, my current load is:

74.7 gr IMR 7828
Berger 168 gr VLD
Fed 215 primers
Remington brass
OAL 3.845
3150 fps

Last elk season i shot cow at 675 yrds and she took one step and that was it. The bullet did a wonderfull job, it exited the animal. I am currently playing with other powders, and oal. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

I don't have a load yet, but I have the material.

Was at the store on Saturday, and they had some H1000. I already have RL25, Federal GM 215 primers, Rem brass.

The bullets that I have range from 140's to 160's, with a focus on the 150's. My Ruger No.1 likes 150 bullets.

hoping to start soon on a load soon.

The store didn't have much stuff, as the H1000 was their last one. They had some Federal GM215's, but I was looking for the GM 210's for the 30 06. I had the 215's and RL 25 from a few months ago.

My 7STW is rem 700action with hs stock and 31.5 barrel the make begins with a k but names dont stick with me my loads are91.0 grains869 powder with rem mag primers and 162 sst and 160accubond both will touch holes at 200 and 300yards and 1.5 at 100 yards i think thats me dont know velosity yet have chrony ordered but hasnt come in yet

My 7STW is rem 700action with hs stock and 31.5 barrel the make begins with a k but names dont stick with me my loads are91.0 grains869 powder with rem mag primers and 162 sst and 160accubond both will touch holes at 200 and 300yards and 1.5 at 100 yards i think thats me dont know velosity yet have chrony ordered but hasnt come in yet
Krieger?

I have been eye balling that 6.5 STW, kind of have the bug to start a new love affair. I would be interested to see what your thoughts are after wearing it for a while.

As for the 80+ grains, its a small price to pay to watch the magic show.:D
The 7mm STW is as good as gets for the 375 H@H case.......it figures out mathmaticaly V/E and powder expansion rates..... the 6.5 sounds really sexy and im sure it will shoot like a House afire but I dont think you will find the mind blistering speed you will be looking for .....I built a 257STW(As Im a 2 Bit-06 Nut) and it shot great but when it was all said and done my 25-06 Sendero was rite there with it i got about 150fps more out of the Tamale which to me was not worth the time and effort so I sent it down the road ......had I done the math first I would have just saved my money and got me another 7mmSTW......Just my 2 cents

I do believe that is it it also has aa jewel trigger set at 8 oz he told me and balanced and blue printed. i was going to build one out or an old 7mm when he asked me if i wanted to by his i love it almost more than m kids when i figure out how to put pic on ill post a pic

yep... works... same as any other bmg powder.... 86gr on a 171-175 will turn around 3K fps out of her; work up of course. Tried it last year when I was working the poor excuse of a rifle I have over.
Thanks. I was trying to find info online, but couldn't seem to find any anywhere. What would be the max you would go with a 180 Berger? And what kind of pressure can I expect with the 50 powders?

Thanks. I was trying to find info online, but couldn't seem to find any anywhere. What would be the max you would go with a 180 Berger? And what kind of pressure can I expect with the 50 powders?
I'd simply start 10% down (maybe a bit more- I don't know that bullet as I don't shoot Berger) and work into it. I'd guess a top within a grain or two.

Try frontierarms.com. iwas in there last week and he had all flavors butwas twenty dollars over what i normaly pay for them have 2700 so ill wait they settle down before fall and i need more