7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Mario, I believe it is about 26 in total, but two inches of it is the brake. I'd LIKE to add it to my collection! I like those embellished receivers. I had a 25-06 years ago, in blue with that finish, and I really liked it.

Well I just measured my Dad's 7mm STW (the same rifle as "AlabamaJagd") and the barrel is actually 25.5 inch. The brake is 2 inches.

Oh well, at least he got his price. I was going to do a one for one trade , with a 700 LSS that I have in 300 win mag. That was my only option at this time, because I'm building a 280 , and my $ is limited. Actually, I'm glad that I didn't trade it, because this LSS is drop dead beautiful.
GameHawker, how does your Dads shoot? Have you ever chronoed it? just curious on velocity.

Well I'm th one that bought it hope i didnt step on anyones toes, I've been wanting that gun for years and it just never worked at for me timing or funds. I've been searching for that model for 2 months and had no luck so on Saturday I just ordered a custom build stiller action, brux barrell, mcmillan stock,ptg brake, Vortex 6x20 pst withe illuminated reticle and then this one popped up for a good price and I could resist so I have 2 lol.Dan

Oh well, at least he got his price. I was going to do a one for one trade , with a 700 LSS that I have in 300 win mag. That was my only option at this time, because I'm building a 280 , and my $ is limited. Actually, I'm glad that I didn't trade it, because this LSS is drop dead beautiful.
GameHawker, how does your Dads shoot? Have you ever chronoed it? just curious on velocity.

I shot my Dad's last week and was working up a load with 140 gr CT silvertips, H1000 powder, Fed 215 primers and once fired Winchester nickel brass.

The rifle was three shot grouping easily sub MOA and about 100 fps less than my Senderos with the same load,. The rifle was averaging 3,340 fps with 85.5 gr of H1000. My Senderos average with the same load is about 3,450 fps.

I was quite impressed!

Well I'm th one that bought it hope i didnt step on anyones toes, I've been wanting that gun for years and it just never worked at for me timing or funds. I've been searching for that model for 2 months and had no luck so on Saturday I just ordered a custom build stiller action, brux barrell, mcmillan stock,ptg brake, Vortex 6x20 pst withe illuminated reticle and then this one popped up for a good price and I could resist so I have 2 lol.Dan

The Vortex Viper PSTs are 6-24x50 not 6x20.

Congrats on the two STWs, I guess. :rolleyes:

Well, if you wanna get rid of it, please let me know. I can't be mad at you, but I was pretty perturbed, not gonna lie. Especially since he lives so close to me. LOL

Enjoy it, and let me know how she shoots. Once again, if you get rid of it, holler at me.

Well, I'm trying to glue my rifle (7stw) together as I type this. I figured I'd bed the barrel first, try it for accuracy, and skim bed the receiver if it needs it. I really like how the pillars snug up; it's the first time I really have taken the stw apart since the pillars were put in.
I'm also going to try another primer. I've got mag. primers from everyone stateside here so I'll play a bit on ignition before I decide on a barrel. The rifle isn't that bad accuracy wise I guess, but it's not good enough for what I want it for. I'm going back to basics on pills too; I'll be working with those red and green boxes again.

Yeah I agree. I wrote him a few minutes after he posted it. Called him too and it was sold. Glad you got it and are into it!! I'm building mine too!!! Was gonna buy it to starting shooting till mine is done. I just hate how long this takes

Bigeyedbass, congrats on your new toy. I had a interest in it, and would have liked to have owned it, but I'm cool with that. That is a nice rifle, and has a lot of potential, and as my brother," gamehawker" said, it is nearly as fast as it's longer barreled brother. Plus, you have another stock to use. Let' us know how it shoots, and enjoy.
Welcome to the Brotherhood!!:)

Dan, everytime I wait and then go another route and buy something, what I was looking for pops up. I now need a new safe. This place has so many people that trade, it makes ebay look slow. A nice side bene of the site really.

Congrats Dude you scored big and I cant wait to see that Custom when you get it