7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

One of the places that I know that carries Norma brass is Mid South Shooting Supply. I have used them for other things, and their prices are very good.

Game hawker, and Black67, thanks for the reply. I too love buying stuff from Mid South, as I have bought things from them before. Unfortunately, the brass I am looking for,( 280 rem), they are out of. Fortunately, at least, Norma does make it, and I need to need to shop around to find some. The only " caveat " is that some places will not ship reloading components to massachusetts, ( massatwoshits). Some places will, some won't. I'll keep looking, thanks, you guys are the best!

Game hawker, and Black67, thanks for the reply. I too love buying stuff from Mid South, as I have bought things from them before. Unfortunately, the brass I am looking for,( 280 rem), they are out of. Fortunately, at least, Norma does make it, and I need to need to shop around to find some. The only " caveat " is that some places will not ship reloading components to massachusetts, ( massatwoshits). Some places will, some won't. I'll keep looking, thanks, you guys are the best!

Hi Bob,

It looks like MidwayUSA has Norma Reloading Brass 280 Remington Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) currently in stock:

Norma Reloading Brass 280 Remington

I just added 5 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) in my cart and it looks like they have 4 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) in stock because it allowed me potentially purchase 4 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) and backorder 1 Box of 20 (Bulk Packaged).

Of course I deleted them from my cart so it looks like (if you hurry before anyone buys them before you) you can get the 4 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) if you want.

Hi Bob,

It looks like MidwayUSA has Norma Reloading Brass 280 Remington Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) currently in stock:

Norma Reloading Brass 280 Remington

I just added 5 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) in my cart and it looks like they have 4 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) in stock because it allowed me potentially purchase 4 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) and backorder 1 Box of 20 (Bulk Packaged).

Of course I deleted them from my cart so it looks like (if you hurry before anyone buys them before you) you can get the 4 Boxes of 20 (Bulk Packaged) if you want.

Midway is one of the places that will not ship components to Massachusetts. They will ship anything else, but not components. I don't get it. I can get stuff from Sinclair, or Mid South. There are a few other places that are the same way. What a pain. Maybe I'll just have my gun dealer get them for me. It may cost a little extra, but they are the best. Thanks again bud!

Hey Guys,
I'm currently building my first 7mm STW off my Winchester Mod 70 push feed action.
Winchester Mod 70 Action (Originally a ranger model in 270 WIN)
PTG One Piece Bottom Metal
Wyatts Magazine and Follower
Timney Trigger
Precision Armament Bolt knob
PTG Action bolts
HS Precision Stock
EGW 0 MOA rail
PTG Reamer built to my specs
Still debating on the barrel, it's going to be a finish length of 28", looking a krieger 1:9 standard palma however I have some questions for those of you who already shoot the STW. I was planning on shooting mainly the 139 gr AMAX and some 140's so I was planning on a 1:10 to maintain the high velocities the STW can deliver (3550ish fps) however I've come across some krieger's 1:9 5r, I know this will be good for 168's and even the 180's, however will it over stabilize a 140?
And before it's asked (first thing people ask me when I tell them about my build), I've already opened the bolt face up to a magnum and machined the receiver for the longer magazine. I have 3.825" worth of COL in the magazine so I can use the heavies if I want to.
Thanks again guys. I'm also building 4 other 7mm STW's at the shop right now for other customers as well.

I got my first 7mm STW the other day, it was built by McWhorter and has a Borden action, Hart barrel, and McMillan A3 hunter stock on it. Plus I'm loving the nightforce!

0EA19CBD-85A3-4906-AD4B-C12F885E4391-32510-000021319B9423C2.jpg

27C1E9FF-AE81-4EA9-B49A-7B3DF747B40F-32510-000021318B126BCE.jpg

I can't wait to put it through its paces!

Mac

Hey Guys,
I'm currently building my first 7mm STW off my Winchester Mod 70 push feed action.
Winchester Mod 70 Action (Originally a ranger model in 270 WIN)
PTG One Piece Bottom Metal
Wyatts Magazine and Follower
Timney Trigger
Precision Armament Bolt knob
PTG Action bolts
HS Precision Stock
EGW 0 MOA rail
PTG Reamer built to my specs
Still debating on the barrel, it's going to be a finish length of 28", looking a krieger 1:9 standard palma however I have some questions for those of you who already shoot the STW. I was planning on shooting mainly the 139 gr AMAX and some 140's so I was planning on a 1:10 to maintain the high velocities the STW can deliver (3550ish fps) however I've come across some krieger's 1:9 5r, I know this will be good for 168's and even the 180's, however will it over stabilize a 140?
And before it's asked (first thing people ask me when I tell them about my build), I've already opened the bolt face up to a magnum and machined the receiver for the longer magazine. I have 3.825" worth of COL in the magazine so I can use the heavies if I want to.
Thanks again guys. I'm also building 4 other 7mm STW's at the shop right now for other customers as well.
The 9 twist will work fine .......Sounds like she is gonna be sweet

Hey guys. I just got all my reloading stuff set up that I received from Santa so I hope you all are ready for all the questions I have. First pill I will be trying is the 145 LRX. Yes this is for my 7mm STW. Here is my first question. Can anyone direct me to a good video showing the proper way to set up my Redding deluxe dies and do I need to full length resize or just neck resize? I have the set with all 3 dies FL , neck, and bullet seat die. I set up the FL resize die but something just don't feel right. Help me please I'm ready to get started

I got my first 7mm STW the other day, it was built by McWhorter and has a Borden action, Hart barrel, and McMillan A3 hunter stock on it. Plus I'm loving the nightforce!

0EA19CBD-85A3-4906-AD4B-C12F885E4391-32510-000021319B9423C2.jpg

27C1E9FF-AE81-4EA9-B49A-7B3DF747B40F-32510-000021318B126BCE.jpg

I can't wait to put it through its paces!

Mac

That's a gorgeous rifle set-up!

I've seen those beauties for sale and those are some pretty pricey rifles!

I bet it is going to shoot like a dream, especially with that Nightforce.

What kind of rings/mounts are those? Talley?

Please give us an update on it's accuracy after you get it dialed in.

Congrats on your new acquisition.

Sweet thanks guys. I was concerned on loosing some velocity with the faster twist more than anything.

To answer the question about setting the Redding dies up, you "should" full length resize the first time and then if you're not pushing too hard neck size after that. That being said, most belted magnums don't benefit as much from neck sizing as a case that headspaces off the shoulder. As hard as most people would push the STW, it should be full length sized each time. However, the down side is it's harder on the brass, so take that into account. Call David at PTG or Paul at Redding and they can fill you in more. I'm a Redding dealer as well.

Play it by ear and feel, see how the brass and the gun react to each.

-Ben