7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

i do not believe trigger pull affects me as i shoot my 7600 into dime size groups at 100 yards and it is as it came out of the box no work. pretty good for a pump. also my brouwning abolt does not have any work done to it and it shoot sub moa at 200 with me behind it. the only gun that i did trrigger work to is my savage accutrigger adjusted it down in wieght and polished sear engagment. again sub moa at 200.
as far as sanding and re inleting how much material can u remove i alreaded sanded it once but it still touches bad at the tip what i can tell is that it touchs the barrel the whole way. scope is a burris which i am not thrilled about and want to change but im not gonna spend a grand on a scope if this gun wont shoot to my standards
changing bullets may happen on my mind is lrx 145 and ct. i use ct in my pump and every deer ive shot is drt from 35 to 270 yards. i need something for deer shots ranging 25 to 450 im open to any ideas as i reload and am a 7mm nut four out of my eight rifles are 7mm
Try the 150gr Siroccos. The are not at all temramental about things like OAL and seem to work extremely well in the slower twist factory barrels.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/37...150-grain-bonded-spitzer-boat-tail-box-of-100

So too did the Hornady Interbonds always perform very well for me.

I ran both pretty hot but I can't remember the exact load as it's been quite a while since I loaded for 7mm Rem.

Im getting ready to build another STW, I had one i put together last year in a TC Encore platform. It had a 28" full bull shillen barrel 1;9 twist with 6 flutes, a set of custom laminate stocks, a trigger job and topped with a Zeiss 6.5-20x50. I had my best groups out of it (.42") with 140 Berger VLD's pushing 3600fps with IMR 7828. I had someone make me an offer on it and regret selling it. I have a savage 110 long action that ive been thinking of rebarreling to another STW but im unsure or what i would need to change the bolt head to to accept the stw case, and is there any aftermarket extended length magazines for the savage?

Here are a couple of pics of the encore:

Attachments

• encore1.jpg
    encore1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 13
  • encore3.jpg
    encore3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 12
  • encore2.jpg
    encore2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
Thanks guys, sounds like a fun group! I love this caliber, just wish I could use it more often. I live in Indiana but my last chance to use it was in Wyoming last October to take a mule deer. You might cringe at my bullet choice but im an avid benchrest shooter and came up with an awsome load for this thing.
Im a big fan of the Matchking bullets and thats what i Used on the Muley, I got some scoffing at the 130g projectiles but its a one hole gun and did the job quite well!

Thanks guys, sounds like a fun group! I love this caliber, just wish I could use it more often. I live in Indiana but my last chance to use it was in Wyoming last October to take a mule deer. You might cringe at my bullet choice but im an avid benchrest shooter and came up with an awsome load for this thing.
Im a big fan of the Matchking bullets and thats what i Used on the Muley, I got some scoffing at the 130g projectiles but its a one hole gun and did the job quite well!
Where at in Indiana?

Awesome job with the Thompson. She's a real beauty. Stock looks cool and the barrel is scary! I'll bet it hardly kicks.

Total weight was right around 14#'s, not too much kick, but that was why i went with the full bull on the barrel. That was the only deer i shot with the bergers, the bullet exploded like a varmint bullet just under the hide. Deer looked like it was hit by lightning, but i would rather a bit more penitration. The doe was young, only about 75#'s, but last weekend of the season with the last doe tag burning a hole in my pocket, I couldnt help but break in the new STW!

Just a quick question. I'll be looking to possibly pick up a Sendero after the 1st of the year.If i cannot find one already in the beloved 7mm STW, what would be the best caliber to buy one in to rebarrel??? I see .300 RUM's for sale everywhere, and I'd rather rebarrel with a 28" barrel than possibly rechamber a 7mag barrel. But will pick up a 7mag if that is the easiest conversion and just get me a new barrel.

Just a quick question. I'll be looking to possibly pick up a Sendero after the 1st of the year.If i cannot find one already in the beloved 7mm STW, what would be the best caliber to buy one in to rebarrel??? I see .300 RUM's for sale everywhere, and I'd rather rebarrel with a 28" barrel than possibly rechamber a 7mag barrel. But will pick up a 7mag if that is the easiest conversion and just get me a new barrel.
Be a little bit patient. I've seen the 7mm STW Seneros for sale on GB frequently. Right now I think there are still at least two of them.