7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Sit Rep update.......Just wanted to let everyone know Im moving from North Carolina back to Indiana in mid march ....been down here 21 years but looking forward to getting back home ....Picked up another STW yesterday...Winchester Sporting Sharpshooter that looks brand new..... so that makes two for me now Tim and Mario......Hard to keep up with those two .....Im looking forward to getting back into Coyote hunting and will have a 1000 yard plus range at my house so Im really looking forward to that as well.....7STW said to tell everyone hey and that he is alive and well ......he is buying another house somewhere around Eden Md......No deer for me or him this year but thats why they call it hunting instead of killing I reckon

Sit Rep update.......Just wanted to let everyone know Im moving from North Carolina back to Indiana in mid march ....been down here 21 years but looking forward to getting back home ....Picked up another STW yesterday...Winchester Sporting Sharpshooter that looks brand new..... so that makes two for me now Tim and Mario......Hard to keep up with those two .....Im looking forward to getting back into Coyote hunting and will have a 1000 yard plus range at my house so Im really looking forward to that as well.....7STW said to tell everyone hey and that he is alive and well ......he is buying another house somewhere around Eden Md......No deer for me or him this year but thats why they call it hunting instead of killing I reckon

Best of Luck Lee and thanks for the update on my buddy 7STW.

Nice, on the new acquisition of the near brand new Winchester Model 70 Sporting Sharpshooter 7mm STW!

I wish I could find one of those gems!

Lee

New beauty is a beauty. No doubt you'll have her shoot fly holes soon!!!
Man, I'm gonna have to go but another???? Trying to get one to shoot like y'all is hard!!! Hahahaha. Maybe it's the shooter???:D

Anyway good luck and let us know when u get to shoot her

Tell TW yo from all us. That's STW for those who don't speak short hand!!
Hahaha

Mario

I'm in. I'll bring both and let lee borrow my hog stw. Or wild rose wants a poke at her too!! That 14 lb bitch that she is!!!! Jahahahah

Hi 7stw folk, Till to today I was a whopping 8 rounds ( rem 140 gr core locs) into a **** near new Winchester Laredo LRH BOSS 7stw. I figured out , learned today a couple or three things, 1) Federal prem, 160 gr accubond ammo is scarey accurate in this gun with the BOSS set on 5, 50 , or halfway of the 100 possible settings . I should have taken cell phone pix but I was working at 100 yds, dead calm and 60 ish cool. I was fine tuning the Leupold scope and by shot three I had knocked the black out of a 3" orange stick on. I am half deaf from shotguns, irrigation motors and cropdusting, especially 7k hours behind a PT6 turbine in which the PT wheel is turning 37,500 rpm but I do use foam ear plugs anyway as Ive used 5 BOSS guns since 95'. long story short I added 4 clicks to put me a inch high at a 100 and fired 3 shots as fast as I could. All three shots made one BIG hole about an inch high so my scope tracks good vert. 2) This dog dam gun will put a big grin on your face!!! I have a lot of local shooting buddys and I shoot with a lot of good ole boys as they all like to ride up to farm and shoot on my old 3350 ' grass runway and zreo deer rigs and practice, I have but one friend who shoots a 7STW and he has since they came out in the mid 90's( I think). OK enough rambling but this thing is gonna be a hoot... More range reports and I hope to bloodee her up in the next and last 3 days of our whitetail season.. very best ..win poor:cool:

Last edited:
Beans good to hear from you. Congrats on another great find!

WP, welcome. All I can tell you is that you are officially screwed LOL. You will have more fun with this rifle in all likelihood than you have ever had before. You will also soon find yourself wanting to add more to the collection.

I have two now, and with just a little bit of luck will add another one or two next month although one of them might just be a 6.5STW.

Rose, IF you don't want the 6.5 let me know… Maybe I can help take it off the hands of whomever you looking at!!!! hahahahahaha

I like the look of that round….

Hope you are well… By the way, Valle changed rules… One ticket only for each hunt code…. Picked the 2 archery and the muzzle loader… Wife HAS to go to Georgia in Oct so I can not be going to NM….
Also gonna put in standard… Let me know what youthink about the standard draw….

Mario