7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Sit Rep update.......Just wanted to let everyone know Im moving from North Carolina back to Indiana in mid march ....been down here 21 years but looking forward to getting back home ....Picked up another STW yesterday...Winchester Sporting Sharpshooter that looks brand new..... so that makes two for me now Tim and Mario......Hard to keep up with those two .....Im looking forward to getting back into Coyote hunting and will have a 1000 yard plus range at my house so Im really looking forward to that as well.....7STW said to tell everyone hey and that he is alive and well ......he is buying another house somewhere around Eden Md......No deer for me or him this year but thats why they call it hunting instead of killing I reckon

Whweabouts in Indiana?

Looking at the number of posts here either this is a popular cartridge or those who own one are prolific writers. Which is it?

Both!!!! And none!!!! We are illusive!!

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Hahahaha. No it's a great round and those who shoot it,
Love it

Good morning Guys,

It has been a few days sence i have been able to post. my son and i had deer tags in Idaho in a limited entery area. my son got his bigest deer to date a very nice 3x3 about 15 in wide. i passed on a big buck we guessed to be in the 170 class. looking for a bigger buck. i end up on the last day taking a 4x4 that scored 127 and is 18 in wide. that is the way it goes when you are looking for a the big ones. cann't get one every time. i did get my biggest deer to date with my bow in Utah it scored 148. i hope everyone had a much fun on there hunts this year as i did. my stw is shooting the noslers accurbound LR 150 at 3300 in a 7/8 group at 100. I would like to try the 168's or 175's in the same bullet this summer. the buck in Idaho was 450 yards away high shoulder DRT. i think the heavier bullet will work better for elk.

this is the first time i have been able to sit down and log on to check on every one. hope everyone is doing good.

i would like to help everyone for all the help over the summer. the guys on this site are wiser than they put on...

i hope i can get some time in the next few days...

Bownut:)

Good morning Guys,

It has been a few days sence i have been able to post. my son and i had deer tags in Idaho in a limited entery area. my son got his bigest deer to date a very nice 3x3 about 15 in wide. i passed on a big buck we guessed to be in the 170 class. looking for a bigger buck. i end up on the last day taking a 4x4 that scored 127 and is 18 in wide. that is the way it goes when you are looking for a the big ones. cann't get one every time. i did get my biggest deer to date with my bow in Utah it scored 148. i hope everyone had a much fun on there hunts this year as i did. my stw is shooting the noslers accurbound LR 150 at 3300 in a 7/8 group at 100. I would like to try the 168's or 175's in the same bullet this summer. the buck in Idaho was 450 yards away high shoulder DRT. i think the heavier bullet will work better for elk.

this is the first time i have been able to sit down and log on to check on every one. hope everyone is doing good.

i would like to help everyone for all the help over the summer. the guys on this site are wiser than they put on...

i hope i can get some time in the next few days...

Bownut:)
Congrats and welcome back. You remind me of the old saying, "Never pass on the first day a buck you'd take on the last day", but ... . Once you are past the point in your hunting career where you put quality over quantity that no longer holds true.

I'm kind of like you. Everything up to the last few days of the season is about trying to top my personal best from years prior. The last day is for filling the freezer HA! gun)

Congrats and welcome back. You remind me of the old saying, "Never pass on the first day a buck you'd take on the last day", but ... . Once you are past the point in your hunting career where you put quality over quantity that no longer holds true.

I'm kind of like you. Everything up to the last few days of the season is about trying to top my personal best from years prior. The last day is for filling the freezer HA! gun)

:D

That's the whole reason I shot my buck on the first day out this year.... I saw a good buck for the area and went for it. Good thing too, as we only filled one of the two other tags. My brother worked his tail off for his doe, and my pops didn't get one this year.

Hello to all,

My first post after "lurking" for awhile. I am a 7STW owner/shooter since 1992. Mine was built pretty much to specs from Layne Simpson's ST article. Rem 700 action, 26" Douglas stainless steel air gauged barrel, 1/10 twist. McMillan stock, now wearing a 2.5x10 Zeiss Diavari in Warne QD rings, Weaver two piece mounts. Have added a Jewell trigger and aftermarket firing pin assembly. I shoot Nosler 140 gr BT on top of a "pile" of H1000 @ 3425fps.....3/4" @ 100 yds and a bunch of whitetails over the years. My other load and one that the rifle does really well with is 160 gr Nosler AB over RL 25....essentially one ragged hole if I don't get nervous and "jank" one!!:). No chrono numbers yet, Chrony is disabled, but that's another story!! Used this combo on a moose hunt in AK in 2012.

Anyhow, longer post than I expected...glad to be here, lots of information regarding one helluva fantastic cartridge!. Will post pic when I figure out how..

Guess this is the only picture I Have. East slope of the Alaska Range leaning against a bush!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 13