7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I was offered an 8lb jug of imr 4759 today too, it's on hold, he said he'd sell it cheap to. Has anyone used it and if so what caliber, I have a lot of calibers. 8lbs of something good and priced right is hard to turn down right now. Ideas?

I was offered an 8lb jug of imr 4759 today too, it's on hold, he said he'd sell it cheap to. Has anyone used it and if so what caliber, I have a lot of calibers. 8lbs of something good and priced right is hard to turn down right now. Ideas?

Unless you have a few straight cased pistol cartridges like a .44 mag or .357 I'd stay clear of it. It's a pistol powder with a speed between H or Imr 4227 and H110.

Dan

Well Christmas has come again at my place. Everything was delivered this week to finish putting my custom Sako STW together. Now if only the weather would turn around, so the road will melt out to get to our club.

Here's the run down,

Sako TRG-s m995 Action, Bolt and Trigger,
Kreiger 7mm SS #6 Contour 1-9 Barrel chamber in 7mm STW
JP Enterprises Bennie Cooley Brake
Whiskey 3 Chassis from Kinetic Research
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm TMR Reticle M1 turrets.
Sko Optilock Quick release bases and rings.
Bipod is a Mystic Precision MPOD

Here it is, my Kitchen table isn't the best setting, but it will have to do for now.
IMG_2836_zps4093b9ae.jpg

IMG_2837_zpsa46ad897.jpg

IMG_2841_zpsc08e10f8.jpg

IMG_2853_zpsd16cf766.jpg

Can't wait to get this to the range!

Very, Very Nice! All or the right equipment for Longrange shooting.

Dan

it's a reduced load powder. get data from the hodgdon site.

Well Christmas has come again at my place. Everything was delivered this week to finish putting my custom Sako STW together. Now if only the weather would turn around, so the road will melt out to get to our club.

Here's the run down,

Sako TRG-s m995 Action, Bolt and Trigger,
Kreiger 7mm SS #6 Contour 1-9 Barrel chamber in 7mm STW
JP Enterprises Bennie Cooley Brake
Whiskey 3 Chassis from Kinetic Research
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm TMR Reticle M1 turrets.
Sko Optilock Quick release bases and rings.
Bipod is a Mystic Precision MPOD

Here it is, my Kitchen table isn't the best setting, but it will have to do for now.
IMG_2836_zps4093b9ae.jpg

IMG_2837_zpsa46ad897.jpg

IMG_2841_zpsc08e10f8.jpg

IMG_2853_zpsd16cf766.jpg

Can't wait to get this to the range!
Sweet looking rig but be forewarned. That Bennie Cooley muzzle brake while very effective will burst eardrums and make people's eyes, and nose bleed if fired in any sort of enclosed area such as bricked up firing lanes or God Forbid and indoor range.

Before you pull the trigger on that thing make sure everyone there knows what's about to go off and has a chance to put in earplugs and put on muffs over them.

I had them on two different rifles and just had to get rid of them. They made shooting nice rifles absolutely intolerable.

Sweet looking rig but be forewarned. That Bennie Cooley muzzle brake while very effective will burst eardrums and make people's eyes, and nose bleed if fired in any sort of enclosed area such as bricked up firing lanes or God Forbid and indoor range.

Before you pull the trigger on that thing make sure everyone there knows what's about to go off and has a chance to put in earplugs and put on muffs over them.

I had them on two different rifles and just had to get rid of them. They made shooting nice rifles absolutely intolerable.

I am aware of the muzzle blast, I haven't shot a Bennie Cooley yet, but some other models. 90%+ of the time I shoot alone, so having others to worry about is not a concern most of the time. Actually after shooting rifles with brakes, I have switched to using plugs and muffs for all rifle shooting. Saves your ears. I have a thread protector for this new rig as well, with the weight of it, I'm sure the recoil won't be too bad without the brake installed.

Thanks Everyone for the compliments. This has been a plan in my head for a few years now, and now its a reality.

Nice long range rig Fire. As 7stw just said, looks BADASS. It sure is satisfying when a long term plan becomes reality.

Hi all i just joined, i have been getting info off this sight for a while. I am shooting a Remington 700 SPS 7 mm stw with 26" barrel topped with leupold mark 4 LRT. I have found one good load so far: 74.7 gr IMR 7828, 168 gr vld, fed 215 primer, remington brass. I shot an elk last year at 675 yrds. It exited the animal, and the next step she took was here last. I am currently searching for aneven better load. I do not use the magazine, i load one round at a time. I love this round, and hope to do nothing but improve it!

USMC91, is that a 168 Berger Hunting VLD you are referring to? I have some of those, been sitting on them for a year or so. I only have rl-25 on hand, did you ever load them with that? Also, you're OAL?

Thank you.

Bob, when I click new posts, this thread seems to come up with the 1st page rather than the last posts, has something been changed by admn?