7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Found another twin to mine....But they want $1,800 friggin dollars for it!!! With some junk scope.

I'd pull the scope and rings and bases off and give to someone if I bought it, so I **** sure wouldn't pay $1,800 for a Sendero SF 7mmSTW.....No matter how rare they become, unless that joker had a Zeiss, or NF or S&B on top of it...
they only gave me 1/4 th of that for my sendero in 7stw last year on trade at Cabelas. I wanted this lefty rifle and let the sendero go, now I think I got had. We'll see in a while here as I start working the rifle over again.

Found another twin to mine....But they want $1,800 friggin dollars for it!!! With some junk scope.

I'd pull the scope and rings and bases off and give to someone if I bought it, so I **** sure wouldn't pay $1,800 for a Sendero SF 7mmSTW.....No matter how rare they become, unless that joker had a Zeiss, or NF or S&B on top of it...

I bet it's this 7mm STW on GunBroker:

Remington 700 Sendero 7MM STW : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

That guy's been trying to sell it for a while on GunBroker. He gets no offers and he then re-ups the auction. I think with all that is going on right now he's trying to rape someone with that price!

I bet it's this 7mm STW on GunBroker:

Remington 700 Sendero 7MM STW : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

That guy's been trying to sell it for a while on GunBroker. He gets no offers and he then re-ups the auction. I think with all that is going on right now he's trying to rape someone with that price!

Where in the hell do these people come up with these prices? Must me something in the water where ever the hell that is! Does that mean OUR Senderos are worth 1800? :D

You could buy a new sendero 7rem and re-chamber for 1200-1400. Those people are peeing up a rope looking for a fool.

You know what......I like the way you think! I might just have to do that! I wonder if I could order a Sendero SF fluted stainless 7STW barrel from Remington...

they only gave me 1/4 th of that for my sendero in 7stw last year on trade at Cabelas. I wanted this lefty rifle and let the sendero go, now I think I got had. We'll see in a while here as I start working the rifle over again.

I'd have given you ATLEAST (possibly more) $750 if it was a Sendero SF in 7mmSTW.

Also I am intersted if anyone has an original Sendero SF in .308 Win or .280 Rem, or .25-06.

I had a chance to buy a fairly worn Sendero SF .308 Win a few years ago for $450, but didn't have the cash...Went back the next week to buy it and it was gone...

You know what......I like the way you think! I might just have to do that! I wonder if I could order a Sendero SF fluted stainless 7STW barrel from Remington...
You could or you could just buy a stainless 700 action, send it to Broughton, Krieger, Brux or any of the other premium barrel makers out there and have them true it and put one of their barrels on it and pick up a used Sendero Stock off of the classifieds here and have a 7mm STW bug holer Sendero Look alike for less than 1,600.00 bucks.

You could or you could just buy a stainless 700 action, send it to Broughton, Krieger, Brux or any of the other premium barrel makers out there and have them true it and put one of their barrels on it and pick up a used Sendero Stock off of the classifieds here and have a 7mm STW bug holer Sendero Look alike for less than 1,600.00 bucks.

A lot of ways to play the game with stw's... I was at my LGS yesterday evening looking at the christiansen arms booklet and asked about hanging a carbon wrapped pipe on my lh action; they said 8 bills. Now remember Rem DID put out some carbon wrapped sendero's in 7stw, but only in rh like all the other senderos. I think I'm gonna spend some $$$ this year on the stw guys building a carbon wrapped lh sendero.
I've always thought there was to much barrel weight on a sendero for a carry gun, and they swing slow on running game to boot. If can get the barrel stiffness to calm this caliber down without the weight, I'm going to have to jump in feet first.

Lefty, where do I get a brochure, I might do this on my 7wsm winnie, I want it to be ultra light carry in the 24" range, this might be the ticket if I'm gonna spend money on this littl baby.

A lot of ways to play the game with stw's... I was at my LGS yesterday evening looking at the christiansen arms booklet and asked about hanging a carbon wrapped pipe on my lh action; they said 8 bills. Now remember Rem DID put out some carbon wrapped sendero's in 7stw, but only in rh like all the other senderos. I think I'm gonna spend some $$$ this year on the stw guys building a carbon wrapped lh sendero.
I've always thought there was to much barrel weight on a sendero for a carry gun, and they swing slow on running game to boot. If can get the barrel stiffness to calm this caliber down without the weight, I'm going to have to jump in feet first.
I remember those....We only got a couple come through the outdoors store I was working at back then (when I bought my Sendero SF), and I always wanted one in .308 or 7mmSTW. Never could get my hands on one, b/c they were all sold before they ever even got to our store...Wish I could have bought one, back then....That was always one of my dream guns.

So, you got the lead on the folks who used to make the barrels for them back then? If so, cough it up... :D

I would LOVE to have a carbon wrapped barrel for my 700 .280 AI build that I'm planning.

I remember those....We only got a couple come through the outdoors store I was working at back then (when I bought my Sendero SF), and I always wanted one in .308 or 7mmSTW. Never could get my hands on one, b/c they were all sold before they ever even got to our store...Wish I could have bought one, back then....That was always one of my dream guns.

So, you got the lead on the folks who used to make the barrels for them back then? If so, cough it up... :D

I would LOVE to have a carbon wrapped barrel for my 700 .280 AI build that I'm planning.

Look at Proof Research rifles. They manufacture their rifles with a carbon-fiber wrap barrel. Maybe they would just sell you a carbon-fiber wrap barrel instead of a complete rifle.

Proof Research | We Give You Proof | Barrels : proofresearch.com

I'll know more on the carbon wrapped barrels as I dive in a bit deeper when I get the $$$$ together. My understanding is that Christiansen arms will still either do a carbon wrap for you or hang a carbon wrapped match grade barrel for you; I'm looking at the latter. They aren't the only ones doing this, but the only ones I can get my LGS working with. Christiansen arms also makes a titanium framed damascus slide 45 acp I'm drooling over, but from what they say it's nearly $3K so that will be pipe dream for a while, no pun intended.

Great thread....first post on this forum. I recently went in to a pawn shop near my work and ended up buying a pistol, and a Remington 7mm STW as well. Learning more about this rifle as I go, but seems this one has had a bit of triggerwork, probably sporterized, and a bi-pod mount added to the front. It also has a pretty exotic looking stock on it which looks really nice.

looking forward to getting out and putting a few rounds through it.

Recent Posts