Alright, last post of elk pics. Had to include the ones with the STW in it! :D

Attachments

• DSC01426.jpg
    DSC01426.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01437.jpg
    DSC01437.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 13
No Wonder he was hard to find! Those are awesome pics of an awesome trophy. Congratulations! Very nice looking rifle too.

Has anyone had any experience reloading their 7mm STW with a Redding Competition Bushing Neck Die Set?

Thanks!

Gamehawker, I have thought about it enough, that it has confused me enough to not not do it. I get confused on just getting the bushings dies that do not use a expander ball when resizing, but then, you need to turn the necks to get UNIFORM tension. I have not ran into case neck uniformity issues, as of yet. But usually when I run into neck tension issues, the cases have been fired enough that I discard them and start over with new brass. My brass life has been pretty good, except Federal brass. Three firings maybe, and that brass is usually toast.
If I were to use them, it would probably be for my .308, or 22-250, that I get a lot more brass life out of. And let's face it, that whole set up isn't cheap either. A lot of the bench guys do it, and I understand that, but at least for me, in THIS caliber, I don't feel the need. I understand it in principal, but as " Riverman " said, I'd probably wreck a bunch of good brass anyway.
P/S, Are you done hunting for the year? muzzleloading comes in for you next week dosen't it? Then you have a season in January for rifle season for three days too!
I might take a ride that weekend. Hehe!!!!

Alright, last post of elk pics. Had to include the ones with the STW in it! :D

Blacksheep, those are both beauties, the gun and the Elk of course. And they both look good on your wall !!!!!. Like I said before, there's a lifetime of memories there, I know I would never forget it. Good job buddy!!
Happy Holidays!!!!

Wow great thread glad I finally stumbled on to it.... Here's my Red Hawk Rifles stw, Can't decide which scope to top it off and at some point add the detachable magazine conversion..

1AA54B0D-FB0E-4401-B83F-501AFFE16E71-2548-000002BDBB187135.jpg

8972D3AA-82C4-449E-9087-BF5D4D11401E-2548-000002BDB106AF77.jpg

1242206D-2891-41A9-848A-334BB29B0736-2548-000002BD9C9D1014.jpg

28D3DDB2-B709-457F-87CE-E771E5F47A12-2548-000002BEB84252B9.jpg

Red hawk makes nice rifles, sweet. Lots of guys loving vortex, but there are many scopes and price points depending on your distance and weight/scope size preference. Good luck.

and affordable....

on a scale 1-10 I would say I'm a 7 in LRH... I'm on the fence whether I should go with #4 ret or try one of them new fangled bdc ret's

Hey that is one sweet looking rifle, how much does she weigh?
If you are wanting to get the most out of your STW scope wise I would go dial up.

Having been a member here for a couple of years and having been a 7mm STW shooter since about 1990 I can't believe I"m just now coming across this thread.

This is the STW I started with. It came from the Remington custom shop since they were not chambering any of their regular rifles in 7mm STW at the time. 26" magnum taper barrel with the sorry remington factory brake.

2253d1314221184-longest-bobcat-ever-stwbcataug11.jpg

I'm on my last couple of boxes of 140gr Winchester Supreme (out of a full case I bought long ago) and this rifle has been my "go to" for hogs, deer, and coyotes beyond 500yds. My .204 Ruger and .220 swift take care of the varmints inside that range with ease.

I also recently found here on the LRH classifieds one of our members selling an old M700 Sharpshooter chambered in 7mm STW which I will soon be spending some time getting to know.

The bobcat in the picture above was killed with this rifle at almost just over 900yds.

The stock is factory, but heavily modified, stiffened with devcon, a stainless rod and lead shot mixed with the devcon.

The scope is a zeiss conquesst 4.5-14x44 mil dot.

Having read the bulk of this thread now I feel quite at home with "The Brotherhood of 7mm STW fans".

Recent Posts