7mm-08 the forgotten 6.5 Creed Killer?

Not forgotten here. Favorite eastern WT round. Need to get my courage up and try on a big MD out west.
Not a huge mulie, but they don't handle the 7mm08 very well.

Attachments

• 20201112_114334.jpg
    20201112_114334.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 53
working with 131 HH trying to get a magic load for up coming season. Have some STABIL and a couple of other reasonable powders. Glad to here from 7-08 fans.

SO, Horndy made a target bullet and then tried to morph it into a hunting bullet...with mixed success. Never heard a bad word about the 7mm-08 performance. 40% less powder for only 9% less performance than the 7mm Rem Mag. Did the 7mm-08 get skipped over? Is the 7mm-08 the adult version of the 6.5 creed millennial offering?
Both cartridges are just modern iterations of
The very old 7x57 Mauser and 6.5x55 Swedish, ballistically. No hate for either of them…but this particular millennial 😛 runs .243 win, 270 win, and .300 win mag and isn't interested in either of those haha (stand to inherit dads .30-30 as well one day…hopefully not for a long time - that'll round out my centerfire rifle needs)

Well I can't say that I live by what I am going to say because I have in the past, replied to other member's post when I should have just put them on my ignore list.
A very good member on LRH put this on his signature and if we all follow it there would not be these long protracted negative posts that take up space when we could be discussing Hunting, Shooting, Reloading, and other things like good Bourbons or a Pilsner @ 39 degrees. Also how to hide a new rifle from you wife or husband.
Now when I have a negative response or see negative posts from other members click right away on the "Ignore".

Remember.....Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A truer statement couldn't be said. Our friend and a King among Princes - "ButterBean"