7 PRC SAAMI approved

Nice effort. I'll be converting a couple of 7 LRMs over eventually so I have less expensive brass for a SAAMI cartridge. The performance will be a wash.

Attachments

• C3E6834B-9FD0-4B06-A4AE-12521D680D85.jpeg
    C3E6834B-9FD0-4B06-A4AE-12521D680D85.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 102
Dude that's RCC pre production brass, they're literally the most expensive stuff across the board.
That has nothing to do with the cost of regular cases

I had a batch of rcc 300wsm, junk! Had two cases rupture at the extractor groove, 200.20 bergers at 2830, NOT hot loads. I'll never buy again. They would not accept a return or refund either. It went in the trash.

I'm with you. A non saami cartridge causes difficulty, we're excited for good factory ammo that we don't have to load!
So you believe this cartridge is a better design than the 7LRM? Please give me your thoughts.

Also, I roll my own so I am not interested in factory loads as long as the components are available.

The 7LRM is great, we just never made the push to standardize it. The throat is short for hybrid ogive bullets and standard magazines.

Other than the throat, I've always felt it's close to perfect.

As a hand loader, your options for what to shoot are awesome, so it's hard to get excited about small changes.

One upside to a successful factory cartridge is that eventually there are lots of component options.

The 7LRM is great, we just never made the push to standardize it. The throat is short for hybrid ogive bullets and standard magazines.

As a hand loader, your options for what to shoot are awesome, so it's hard to get excited about small changes.

One upside to a successful factory cartridge is that eventually there are lots of component options.
Thank you sir, but I have always thought y'all missed an opportunity with that cartridge. However, I don't know what it would take (cost) to take it main stream. By the way, a few years ago I had one built by a very reputable builder and it was and has been the only rifle that would shoot a group within itself.…you could barely see an expanded hole….unbelievable. And, being an idiot I sold it looking for the next best thing….still looking.

Thank you sir, but I have always thought y'all missed an opportunity with that cartridge. However, I don't know what it would take (cost) to take it main stream. By the way, a few years ago I had one built by a very reputable builder and it was and has been the only rifle that would shoot a group within itself.…you could barely see an expanded hole….unbelievable. And, being an idiot I sold it looking for the next best thing….still looking.
If I was going to take it mainstream, I would just approach a major manufacturer and talk them into making one!

Wildcats usually get changed a little when standardized for safety reasons.

All the ones we built shoot consistently accurate. I was really hoping Hornady was going to standardize on it.

By not just necking down the 300 PRC and maybe a tweak or two they ruined this whole cartridge. Str8t up 300 PRC necked to 284 would have been bomb!!

That's what I'm saying, they had a chance for a decent 7mm with appropriate capacity for 180 - 197 gr high bc bullets, but abbreviated it's performance in some ridiculous "efficiency" nonsense that doesn't exist in reality, just someones idea of what is efficient or not .... essentially reinventing performance of a handful of cartridges that have been around forever.. But, they'll still bill it as some sort of modern marvel invention, better than the blue pill & never been done before hype, then the gundummies will eat it up and carry on the torch ... ala 6.5 Creedmoor

If they would just put production of ammo first and bury the shelves in ammo with economy and premium choices they would crush rifle sales to the power of ten!

Last edited: