7 PRC SAAMI approved

What die ya using Dallas? Jusy full length no bushing installed? Then once shoulder is set to bolt close, use bushings for two step neck down, then a final turn to desired neck thickness?
i used the ole 7LRM die .316 bushing expander ball pin holder installed some lube and whhaaaaammmmmmmoooo
this a piece of adg brass.. of course it will need trimmed and such but .. not that hard

Attachments

• 20220913_185944.jpg
    20220913_185944.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
I am trying to figure out what the draw is to convert a 300prc case to a 7-300. At that point why not just go get a 28 nosler and run adg brass with it? Is it the lapua brass aspect, or is it a just because thing?

Edit:nevermind. I missed an important post and just saw that isnt what was being discussed

Last edited:
i used the ole 7LRM die .316 bushing expander ball pin holder installed some lube and whhaaaaammmmmmmoooo
this a piece of adg brass.. of course it will need trimmed and such but .. not that hard
Are you measuring runout? That's a lot of necking down in one step with a bushing die.

I am trying to figure out what the draw is to convert a 300prc case to a 7-300. At that point why not just go get a 28 nosler and run adg brass with it? Is it the lapua brass aspect, or is it a just because thing?

Edit:nevermind. I missed an important post and just saw that isnt what was being discussed
1663161683274.png

The 7mm Newton was reportedly a straight neck down from the 30 Newton.. So I don't have an explanation for this fascination to want the 7-300PRC. It's a simple proposition to neck it down from the 300 so they can just build one pretty easy.

Oh, ok, I get it now. Folks are upset they didn't adopt the 7LRM. So now we are proposing making LRM out of Lapua 300PRC Brass. I guess if you already own a Rifle chambered in it. Total bummer for you LRM fans. Cheers!

The 7 prc does make sense when looking at factory rifles. I have built a LOT of 28 Noslers and 7-300 PRCs they need extended length magazines. They do not fit in anything with a stock mag unless you want to seat the bullet deep which has multiple negative effects. The 7 prc will be a good one for factory length magazines, and I bet it ends up quite popular. Its also going to make an interesting 30 when necked up. A lot of guys are running a 215 in a wsm, but in a 24-26 inch barrel they are too slow for my liking. If this case will pick up 100 fps over the wsm case but keep most of the raw accuracy and easy of tuning of the wsm it will be handy for sure. I'll have one of those put together pretty soon to see.