7 PRC SAAMI approved

From all the intel that I can gather and deem worthy to the cause, elsewhere and from Hornady, my 28 Nosler project, that I'v been working on since it's introduction is on a permanent hold. The 7PRC is where it's for a LR 7mm. The 7mm 195gr EOL is the right bullet, with excellent external ballistics, for what I do, it's just that the 28 Nosler IS finicky, when loaded with 90+ grains of powder...on a good day. The 7PRC internal makes more sense, with the lower, efficient powder charge.
Exactly why the .284 IMO is superior to the 7mm magnum. Less finicky and performance doesn't greatly differ between the two. Retired my 7mm mag years ago. Using alot less powder and getting alot less abused.

Am I looking at this right…. Freebore is .233" so a Berger 180 hybrid @ the lands has ROUGHLY only .160" of bullet in the neck??? If you jump say .020" you have .180" in the neck? Doesn't seem like a lot of room to chase the lands if your throat starts moving before your bullets start falling out??

Anybody have thoughts or a first hand on this? I was anticipating shooting a 180 Hybrid. Now I'm back to thinking the SAUM may be a better choice or a 7mm PRC with a shorter freebore?

Talked to my smith the other day. His reamer was ordered w/ 0.130 free bore. Said he can always add free bore. Hornady ELDs probably have longer bearing surface and shorter ogives.

Ya after talking to a couple guys I think Saami would be ok but .180-.200FB would be better in my opinion. RHETT Pm sent.

Am I looking at this right…. Freebore is .233" so a Berger 180 hybrid @ the lands has ROUGHLY only .160" of bullet in the neck??? If you jump say .020" you have .180" in the neck? Doesn't seem like a lot of room to chase the lands if your throat starts moving before your bullets start falling out??

Anybody have thoughts or a first hand on this? I was anticipating shooting a 180 Hybrid. Now I'm back to thinking the SAUM may be a better choice or a 7mm PRC with a shorter freebore?
Anybody looking to build a custom rifle would be miles ahead by having the bullet of their choice, seated at their desired depth and having a custom reamer made so they get exactly what they are expecting.