640 yard chuck pic WITH THE 22HORNET (the BOAG) baby of all guns

7mmRHB,
It is GREAT to see that you finally made your 3rd post,with your talent you should be at 300 not 3.
it made me laugh to read how you came up with the name of the B.O.A.G. because I came up with the name of the M.O.A.G. in the same manner as a joke and it stuck.
My daughter came home from college to go to goodgrouper's little sisters wedding this spring , she saw this behemoth of a gun and said dad what the hell is this. uumm rrr its the M.O.A.G. little girl and dont you forget it.
good post Ro.......rrr 7mmRHB
B

Roland. I'm with Brian on this one. You really should post more often.

Great shooting. Great story.

I also thank you and Jim and Unk Brian for letting me squeeze off a few from these excelent guns. I remember chasing a chuck across a canyon ledge with that same gun. Bang. Move. Smack. Rock chips flying in the air. It is good to hear of a great hit like yours. Bang. Thud. Done deal.

hey 7mmrhb, congratulatios on that awsome shot, great story too. lets see if my boag can hit anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7mmRHB, great story and WHAT A SHOT!!!!! It sounds like all of you guys have a blast together. I am currently trying to find a group of people who are interested in long range shooting at varmints. I have one friend who is currently having a longrange varmint rifle built, I hope he gets into it as much as I am. Next year, we are going to travel to a couple of states to shoot pdogs and chucks. I live in California, and I am currently having a hard time finding a good longrange place to shoot varmints. I have been scouting the Mojave Desert for some longrange gong shooting, and I think I have found a place. My Dad and I are going to scout it out and use his GPS system, we use for surveying, to measure distances and elevation changes. It looks like this place wiil allow me to shoot out to around 2500 yards, however, there are no varmints in the area. I have informed Goodgrouper that a friend and I will be coming out that way next year and I would love to go on a chuck hunt with you guys. My heavy 338 Lupa Magnum Improved, BAT 10"/LIJA 36" 1.750 at the muzzel w/break/McMillan 50 HBR/JEWELL 2oz trigger/topped with Nightforce 12x42-56mm NXS with bases and rings adding 65 MOA. The rifle will weigh around 65lbs, should be done buy March 06. I took the advise from Goodgrouper and went with the 50 HBR and a heavier set up, I was originally going to go with the Tooley MBR and a lighter rifle, but Goodgrouper changed my mind. Once again, great shot with the B.O.A.G. I am currently trying to think of catchy name for my big gun. Good shootin, Wildcat.

7mmRHB,
My congratulations to you! Very impressive! would I be way off to say that making that shot is almost as tough as making it at 2000 yards with the MOAG? Either way, receive my regards.

Barnsgrunt ,you know your gun would do the same if you would ever load the right bullet. [Son in laws dont always listen to father in laws ].you also know that your gun has always been more accurate than mine ,which is great since I built them both .7mmrhb

Wildcat ,thanks for your kind remarks.Sounds like your on your way to shooting long. G.G. and Bian B.still make me ride in the trunk so I wont know where secret mountain is so I dont know about new invites. We do have some great places to shoot long on the gongs .7mmrhb

Eaglet thanks for your comments but truthfully shooting 2000 yards is much more dificult. There are a lot of strange things that can happen to a bullet over that kind of distance and flight time. Nuntheless I am aware of the dificulty of the hornet shot .7mmrhb

Good to hear back from you 7mmRHB. I would love to shoot with you guys, so I guess a trip in the trunk would be fine with me. Thanks for the reply back and again great shot!!!!!

I saw this post come up again and it makes me miss summer already.

Hey, how is that mounting job coming along anyway? I think it should be displayed right between the two biggest bucks you've shot!

GG it was a longer and tougher shot than those two biggest bucks combined, so maybe I should put it up there between them. It hasn't come back from the tanner yet so it's going to be a while. Not to mention how swamped Kelly is with big game mounts right now. You can't pressure your son when the price is so right.
After seeing the BOAGs twin on steroids(K-Hornet)ringing the gong at 706 yards,Iv'e got to start thinking seriously about changing mine. Going from 3060fps to 3360fps with only .9grs more powder has to be the most efficient IMP out there.
This post does bring back memories of a fun summer. 7mmRHB

Grouper, I,ve got the pics right here on the computer. If I was smart enough to get them on LRH I would do it!!! ----- RHB

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.